Cukk Corn for Carp

Tony

:huh: I have to admit, that fishing for carp, can become addictive.......I just recently puchased a bottle of Cukk corn, from one of our local bait shops....I used it a few times, but I haven't caught anything on it, yet......I'm just wondering what some of you think about the large sized bottled corn niblets, for carp fishing......I usually use canned corn ( I have caught some nice carp with canned corn), but it does tend to fall off of my hook).......The Cukk corn does stay on my line, very well, but I'm not sure about it's effectiveness.......I'm just wondering if anyone else uses the bottled corn niblets (sold at our local bait shops), and if they really do work.......................Thanks............

:huh: I have to admit, that fishing for carp, can become addictive.......I just recently puchased a bottle of Cukk corn, from one of our local bait shops....I used it a few times, but I haven't caught anything on it, yet......I'm just wondering what some of you think about the large sized bottled corn niblets, for carp fishing......I usually use canned corn ( I have caught some nice carp with canned corn), but it does tend to fall off of my hook).......The Cukk corn does stay on my line, very well, but I'm not sure about it's effectiveness.......I'm just wondering if anyone else uses the bottled corn niblets (sold at our local bait shops), and if they really do work.......................Thanks............

It's a great bait. Comes in a variety of flavours. Tutti frutti, garlic, strawberry, anise, brandy, scopex, and more. I've used most of them with great results. My faves are tutti frutti, honey and mussel ) I caught 10 on mussel last week including a 37 pounder. I feel sweetcorn is the best bait in certain situations but gobies will easily strip a hook of sweetcorn ( canned corn).Cukk is firmer so it stays on much longer. It also retains it's scent and flavour longer. I highly recommend it, Tony

I use the 2 cans for a dollar from the dollar store. Seems to work good for me.

Canned corn is a great bait but is it the bargain you think it is? The stuff like CUKK is about $6 a jar. That one jar will last all summer. Use what you need and then put the lid back on until next time. With the canned sweetcorn it's pretty much a new can every time. Also there is no can to get rid of. I pick up a lot of empty cans every year.

Tony that day down at CDP was a tough one. I believe you got the honey flavour, it's a popular one. Lots of guys use it here with success. Did your boy remember how to tie the hair rig? It does help with the hook-ups.

just wondering about sweet corn....................could you not tie a hair rig and use yellow roe bag to bag up several pieces of corn and put it on the rig? seems to make sense to me anyway, since it's still yellow and still allows the flavour to wick into the water. or has this been tried and doesn't work?

Rich

I assume you could. It might be a good way to keep the corn on. The thing I like about boilies is I find that other fish leave them alone, or at least don't rob you. I would imagine that would be more difficult if there is a ball of corn so to speak, and then is stopped by a stopper at the end of your hair.

Canned corn is a great bait but is it the bargain you think it is? The stuff like CUKK is about $6 a jar. That one jar will last all summer. Use what you need and then put the lid back on until next time. With the canned sweetcorn it's pretty much a new can every time. Also there is no can to get rid of. I pick up a lot of empty cans every year.

Tony that day down at CDP was a tough one. I believe you got the honey flavour, it's a popular one. Lots of guys use it here with success. Did your boy remember how to tie the hair rig? It does help with the hook-ups.

:huh: It was nice meeting you Lorne (hope that I spelled your name right).....Jordan did tie a bunch of the hair rigs.......He picks things up, very quickly......I know that the canned corn will work, for sure.....I'll just have to build up the confidence to use the Cukk corn.....It does smell very good, though.....Hope to see you out again, soon..........

just wondering about sweet corn....................could you not tie a hair rig and use yellow roe bag to bag up several pieces of corn and put it on the rig? seems to make sense to me anyway, since it's still yellow and still allows the flavour to wick into the water. or has this been tried and doesn't work?

Rich

Yes you can do that. Guys also put fish feed, dough and other stuff for bait in roe bags.

That one jar will last all summer. Use what you need and then put the lid back on until next time.

Ya but will the jar leak forcing you to buy a leak proof container from Cukk? :D

Rich

I've used roe bag nesh with corn niblets in it before (on a hairrig) but I found the hook can snag up on the nesh too often

Pantyhose. A good substitute for roe bags. Cut squares, pack around a hook, and tie off with some thin thread. Also works for dough baits on carp/catfish. Roe bags were hard to come by where I'm from, so I learned to make due with what I could get.

thanks for the replies guys. I guess my brain does wrap around ideas every once in a while. LOL. I might give it a go some time, but in the mean time, I just made a fresh batch of pineapple boilies with almond oil, so gonna give those a go first. B)

Rich

thanks for the replies guys. I guess my brain does wrap around ideas every once in a while. LOL. I might give it a go some time, but in the mean time, I just made a fresh batch of pineapple boilies with almond oil, so gonna give those a go first. B)

Rich

mmmmmmmmm.....pineapple & almond oil...so many of these boilies sound delish! :P

well, I do try all of the ones I make. my mentality is if I like them (sort of) then the fish might like them. makes sense to me anyway. I haven't made one yet that I didn't like the flavour of. they're a bit doughy for my liking but the taste isn't bad. even Joey tried the Raspberry ones and he's not dead yet, so mustn't be too bad. hahahahahaha.

Rich

A ) I don't fish with corn (not yet anyway) and B ) if you've seen other posts from me, you'll know that I'm one of the ones that's forever picking up other people's garbage. I was the one that was down at Q dock cleaning up after all the smelters down there. I prefer to keep our fishing spots open, rather than lose them to a few ignorant SOB's that prefer not to clean up after themselves. the one that ticks me off the most is Marlatts Road. I'm forever picking up crap there and the part that baffles my brain the most, is that there's a garbage can right there beside the road. I mean, come on, how hard is it to take your garbage a few feet? ok, I'm off my soap box now. :roflblack:

Rich

A ) I don't fish with corn (not yet anyway) and B ) if you've seen other posts from me, you'll know that I'm one of the ones that's forever picking up other people's garbage. I was the one that was down at Q dock cleaning up after all the smelters down there. I prefer to keep our fishing spots open, rather than lose them to a few ignorant SOB's that prefer not to clean up after themselves. the one that ticks me off the most is Marlatts Road. I'm forever picking up crap there and the part that baffles my brain the most, is that there's a garbage can right there beside the road. I mean, come on, how hard is it to take your garbage a few feet? ok, I'm off my soap box now. :deadhorse:

Rich

:roflblack:

A ) I don't fish with corn (not yet anyway) and B ) if you've seen other posts from me, you'll know that I'm one of the ones that's forever picking up other people's garbage. I was the one that was down at Q dock cleaning up after all the smelters down there. I prefer to keep our fishing spots open, rather than lose them to a few ignorant SOB's that prefer not to clean up after themselves. the one that ticks me off the most is Marlatts Road. I'm forever picking up crap there and the part that baffles my brain the most, is that there's a garbage can right there beside the road. I mean, come on, how hard is it to take your garbage a few feet? ok, I'm off my soap box now. :P

Rich

Yeah rich I was talking more about a couple of guys who used to be on this board.. Last year they were talking about how great they were doing catching carp off of no name corn, and then they posted a bunch of photos of themselves at marlatts with their catche.. Sure enough like a day later someone ripped on them for littering all of their corn cans.. The guys admitted to it! Saying oh well I litter so what.!! Needless to say they're no longer on the board.. Maybe they are just under a different name who knows.

But you live and learn right.. Old habits change hard though.

Archived