Mcfillet`o`fish

RichieWalleye

Some people have told me it's some kind of pacific fish that's going extinct. Others tell me it's carp. If it is carp, they remove the dark meat from them. (Yes, I've filleted a carp before)

Now Burger King's fish sandwich, from my own personal experience, HAS to be made from carp. I bit into one once, and not only was it undercooked :clapping: it was dirt brown. Same colour as the vein in a carp. I rest my case.

If they are made of carp them I'm going carp fishing. Fillet o fish are great but I rarely buy them. I catch my own fish unless someone catches it and gives it to me.

I had one (first and only) I think 2 years ago (must have been lent season since it was Friday and they were on special) it was a small square piece of white flaky breaded fried fish (come to think of it wouldn't that defeat the purpose of fasting?) anyway the sauce tartar they put on it almost made me heave...what were they thinking? Never had once since.

It's asian carp in chicago. :roflblack: and that's no joke.

I believe there are a LOT of people in Ontario who would like to see Lake Ontario chock full of Asian carp . Their grocery bill would be much lower :deadhorse: .And ,I would not pass up a taste test of this fish if caught in cold clean water & cooked properly . Fish flesh is basically the same and these fish are veg. eaters ,so they could be safe & nutritious .....but I don't want to see them in our lakes , anywhere ! Are you kidding us Denis ? :clapping:

I personally like the Filet O Fish..................as long as it's piping hot, just like their fries. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. when I asked several years ago, I was told it was made from Alaskan Pollok, which seems to coincide with what the wiki page says. try some southern fried catfish down in Louisiana, some of it is down right bitter. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

I read an article a while back about Mac O Fish. They buy a type of very ugly looking salt water fish from a country near Asia or Australia or New Zealand, basically somewhere there. But because of over harvesting, the fish supply is getting depleted, so Mac is planning to switch over to basa or some type of fresh water fish farmed easily in some Asia countries to be sure of supply. The meat of this fish is also white like the current Mac O Fish meat.

I personally like the Filet O Fish..................as long as it's piping hot, just like their fries. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. when I asked several years ago, I was told it was made from Alaskan Pollok, which seems to coincide with what the wiki page says. try some southern fried catfish down in Louisiana, some of it is down right bitter. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Then someone cooked it wrong for you, Rich. I've got a special recipe for a dry batter I mix up myself. Once I finally get back to fishing, I'll have to make some up. I can give you three of the ingredients right now: corn meal, flour, and bread crumbs. The rest is impossible to figure out.

Archived