Trout Pond in Fonthill??

PickerelHunter

Your probably thinking of Short Hills Trout Farm, the place still exists, but it's strickly comercial now, no fishing allowed. The new owners closed it to fishermen shortly after they bought the place 6 or 8 years ago. Seems they had to much problems with people not following the rules (i.e. releaseing the fish instead of paying for them) and got tired of having to chase everybody out at closing time.

Linz

St. John's Conservation area is a good place to go. It's free.You are allowed three fish each. Park pond is stocked with rainbow trout. It opens at the end of the month on the Saturday at 12:30pm shutgun start. It's nuts. Get there early for a good spot. Hope this helps. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest vidarling

Hey Pickerel Hunter,

We usually take the family to this pond 3 or 4 times a week in the summer. We have not been on opening day yet, maybe this year.

I have seen trout caught through the summer, usually only one per person, and there is also some sunfish. I am surprised that they survive the opening day meelee. There are usually 5 or 6 in the spring fed source of the pond (marked no fishing) that are fun to watch all summer. I think they might even winter there.

People usually fish with corn or worms as far as I have seen!

Cheers,

Ian

Guest bigfishbass

that is were me and the little guy like to go for a stroll...we went last year...but rumor had it that there was no more fish left as they were all fished out within the opening/stocking day...will try again this...

Archived