For the carpers

DarkEdge

Not sure if this should go here, but it's news, and it's fishing, so I'm putting it here. The mods can move it if they want.

For all you carpers, this one will thrill you.

Nice carp.

It's name is Scar and it has been caught seven times at over 80 lbs. To tell the truth it does not do much for me. They breed carp over there for size. It is all pay to fish over there. The bigger the carp you have in your pond the more you can charge.

where are the fishes scales?

It has some scales but is not completely covered by them. It is called a mirror carp. It is the result of fish breeders in the past breeding common carp to have less scales. They did this to make the fish easier to clean. The shape of the fish is also the result of selective breeding. Carp have been "farmed" for hundreds of years in Europe and Asia.

Not sure if this should go here, but it's news, and it's fishing, so I'm putting it here. The mods can move it if they want.

For all you carpers, this one will thrill you.

Nice carp.

I would love to fish for a carp that size, it's the main reason I carp fish. Anyone can catch a piddly little thing but why bother when there's much bigger fish to be caught! :)

slimylimey.

That fish is more than double my PB, which was just over 33 pounds. Well, PB landed. I know I've hooked a few bigger that never made it to shore. But never one near 100 pounds.

I would love to fish for a carp that size, it's the main reason I carp fish. Anyone can catch a piddly little thing but why bother when there's much bigger fish to be caught! :Gonefishing:

slimylimey.

Well what are you waiting for then. Get over there, pay up and get in line. You'll only have to wait in line a year or two.

Well what are you waiting for then. Get over there, pay up and get in line. You'll only have to wait in line a year or two.

If I had the money I would, but I don't so I'll just have to wait for the lottery win first. That does not stop me admiring someone else's magnificent catch.

Rumor has it that the 'scar' was caught again (also at 99lbs) by John Bryan 4 days after that article was published.

DSC04915.jpg?t=1277746829

While that particular type of fishing isn't really my cup of tea, big congrats to the anglers lucky enough to get that beast on the end of their line.

Archived