PB Pike!

DarkEdge

It's only taken me since I was 14, but I FINALLY caught my first pike! New personal best: 15". Laugh, but I'm proud like hell. The first one is the most important, right?

Sorry no pics. I didn't bring my camera, because I figured I wouldn't get one. Just goes to show, I need to remember my small one.

Guest TC1OZ
It's only taken me since I was 14, but I FINALLY caught my first pike! New personal best: 15". Laugh, but I'm proud like hell. The first one is the most important, right?

Sorry no pics. I didn't bring my camera, because I figured I wouldn't get one. Just goes to show, I need to remember my small one.

Good job dude! Always sucks when you forget your camera, but that's usually my key to landing a fish... forget your camera!!! (just hope buddy brings his)

:P

14?! I'm not sure what kind of fish you have back home, but I can assure you that if you fish this area enough you will be topping your PB on a regular basis. I LOVE pike fishing and there's tons of 'em around. Congrats on your catch and next time bring your damn camera! lol. What were you throwing?

An old weedless spoon I've had in my tackle box for years, and never saw a use for. His mouth was the same size as the lure was, so I'm lucky all he needed was the hook.

And for fish, I started fishing for pike in Wisconsin when I was 14, and lived in Chicago. I'd go on a monthly trip up to a lake, and usually fish with minnows, but never caught any. Once I moved to Oklahoma, if I wanted big fish, it was usually cats. To everyone down there, four pounds is a huge bass.

Archived