Fish'n PC

DarkEdge

I know this post is a few days late, but I just got MY computer back from repairs yesterday, so I had to install all my software again.

Had a dentist appointment Monday morning, which is usually the only time I can fish Port Colborne. Since fishing the canal is still a bother to me (not something we'd do in the US, see), I decided to head over to the quarry, see if I couldn't scare up a bass.

Wind was light, shifting, but that could have been the rock piles diverting it. Fairly sunny, with occasional cloud cover. Not sure what the temp was, but after about 30 minutes I started a light sweat. Here's your pr0n.

37483_10150218498770321_784400320_13236377_6633406_n.jpg

37483_10150218498775321_784400320_13236378_3907967_n.jpg

About a pound, put up a good little fight. If anyone is interested, caught that guy on a salted white senko, rigged Texas weightless. It's also a first bass for me on soft bait. :Gonefishing:

I know your back isn't in the best shape, Bruce. It's quite a hike to get around to any good bass cover. Mostly it's just deep water, around the south end where you go in is some weed beds. Plus, you have to slide down a rock hill to get most anywhere good. But right across the street is another quarry pit that I've been told is good for bass and pike too. I'll probably be down there again tomorrow morning, sometime after 11, if you're planning to go. Let me know, I'll bring my hat. :roflblack:

it was funny as hell down at the river last week. I was fishing with worms and had a little hit. so I start bringing it in and then got a huge hit. after a few minutes of fighting this fish, I pull in a 5lb 2 oz Smallie with a 5 inch Goby in his mouth. the Goby had hit the worm and while struggling, the Bass took the Goby. I've never had anything like that happen in my life. LOL. the Bass got released because of his size and the Goby got released, just because I thought he deserved it after what just happened to him. hahahahahaha

Rich

Congrats on a successful scouting mission Scott. There is tonnes of water for you to explore in Niagara so don't rush it. Seeing as your new around here why not post a few pics with the "How well do you know Niagara" before giving your full report? Keep us guessing where your next report is from and let us know how you managed to catch fish without being spoon fed instructions first. It's amazing what you can catch with methods never used before in some water bodies.

very nice Bass Scott so far Ive only caught 2 bass this season both on tubes but you seem to be doing well on the senkos

Archived