port colborne quarry fishing

jdionne24

That was me. Fished there for about an hour or so on Monday. Caught a nice largie on pearl white senko, rigged Texas weedless. He hit it like a truck, too.

I know most people fish the east side of Quarrie Rd., but I prefer the west side. I take the time to trek around to the far west end, where the small islands are. The water there isn't deep, few feet at the most, and the bass are up in the warmer water right now. I saw a half dozen in the .5 to 1.5 pound range, only got the one, but my heart wasn't totally in it that morning. (Dental work, the right side of my face was numb)

White's the colour I've heard over there. I know there's pike, if you want to try to kayak or canoe it into deeper water. I also saw some massive bluegill swimming just above the weeds on the east side. I guessed in the .5 pound range on them, but didn't have any worms, so I didn't get any out.

• 9 years later...

I fished the ones just east of Cement plant Rd back in the '70's, used to be a popular swimming hole before the homes were built off Clarence. Best fishing was in the one north of the tracks, good Largies, ton of stunted,overpopulated Bluegills and I recall one large Pike about 10 pounds once.

I always liked fishing the south east shore there. Not too many people fish it and can get some bass in there. Dont forget there are the clay pits to the east of bessy rd, as well as the quarry ponds east of cement plant rd.  Both require a bit of a hike in. Never had luck in the clay pits, but the quarry ponds I've had a little luck in. Some decent carp in there too.

Archived