jhm123452000

Erie Walleyes.....July18

Went out on a solo mission today. Was rockin and rolling early in my 14' tinner this morning. Started off with a 20 and 30 Jet caught 1 walleye right away (with the 30 jet) then nothing for about a hour. I kept marking fish just off bottom in 40' so I pulled in the jets and ran 3oz of lead with my harness and it was crazy from there. Over the next hour I caught my limit and lost a few to boot. This is defiantly the best walleye fishing I've seen on Erie yet. Here's a few pics now I have to get ready for my fish fry.

JHM ;D

389821744.jpg

389821779.jpg

389821758.jpg

That's a heck of a nice catch of walleye . I like using the 3 way set up for catching them and would try fishing the same way . ....drifting or trolling very slow . They sure look nice on that plate ......let us know how they taste , I believe the flesh is a little soft & oily from L. Erie .

So basically you used the equivalent to a bottom bouncer? I took a buddy out for bass today but my next trip will definitely be for walleye.

Good job on the fish.

However your fillets really look great.

I am in awe how well you do that. :D

Care to make a video and post it on U-Tube :)

Real nice fish!Thanks for the info.I have not used the harnesses yet,do they have to be tipped with a crawler or shiner?Is there alot of dead water out off the palmwood or if i look in 40-60ft will i eventually find them?Thanks for any help as i am getting my deep boat next week and have never fished walleye in the big lake.

Can you give a general area. Were you out of Port Colborne, Port Maitland, Crystal Beach? I'm on vacation this week and hope to get out if the weather breaks and I get the jobs done around the cottage. Pictures will come when I catch some.