STOLEN GUNS !!!!!

Lund-SS

Last night between the hours of 5-10pm someone broke into my house and pryed open my guns safes and made way with 11 shotguns and rifles also stole 2 laptops , IBM Lennovas and bunch of Change Jars

if anyone here hears anything about someone moving guns please PM me or a moderator so it can get directed to the proper people

Wow , what a haul these theives took from you Jeff ! It looks like they knew you had these firearms . None of the neighbours saw a vehicle near by ? It would have been easy to spot someone with a cache of rifles even if they were bundled under a blanket etc ., it would be noticed . Theft has really been bad lately . My bro in law had a new 50HP boat motor stolen right off his boat (12000 worth ) . The cops just make out a report and say call your insurance ....end of story . Vehicles are stolen everyday , some shipped out overseas . I hope they find your guns & the rest also . I'm sure the guns are more important than any vehicle because of the future possible criminal use . Good luck !

Last night between the hours of 5-10pm someone broke into my house and pryed open my guns safes and made way with 11 shotguns and rifles also stole 2 laptops , IBM Lennovas and bunch of Change Jars

if anyone here hears anything about someone moving guns please PM me or a moderator so it can get directed to the proper people

Sorry for your troubles Jeff. Hope they get those responsible and you get your stuff back.

Don't worry the registry will track them down and find exactly where they are....Sorry for the sarcasm, it's terrible someone would do that...watch the cops try to pin you with careless storage and make it your fault...Just a little bitter.

Don't worry the registry will track them down and find exactly where they are....Sorry for the sarcasm, it's terrible someone would do that...watch the cops try to pin you with careless storage and make it your fault...Just a little bitter.

The most likely scenario is that over the span of many years down the road, Bondar will every once in a blue moon get a call from the police saying that one of the stolen guns has turned up because some poor fella tried to honestly register a used gun that he naively bought, only to have it caught by the system. But by then, Bondar will have long since settled with his insurance company. The police will have no interest in trying to back-track the chain of ownership to solve the crime, they'll just want to close the file.

Sorry to hear about what happened Bondar. If any of those guns are rare or have some special value to you, and if one happens to turn up, you willl have the option of discussing repayment with your insurance company and arranging with the police to get your gun back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a guess, but I think the guns will end up being sold to other hunters who may buy these guns not knowing they are hot . I wonder if the mnr bothers to check each hunter's gun for serial numbers when they check you out for licences etc . They should have a "hot list" available to check each time they check you out . The guy who buys these "good deals" might be able to say where they bought the guns . I hope you get them back eventually .

• 1 month later...
Just a guess, but I think the guns will end up being sold to other hunters who may buy these guns not knowing they are hot . I wonder if the mnr bothers to check each hunter's gun for serial numbers when they check you out for licences etc . They should have a "hot list" available to check each time they check you out . The guy who buys these "good deals" might be able to say where they bought the guns . I hope you get them back eventually .

No thats impossible when you buy a gun you have to call it in , they then have to speak with both the seller and the buyer. They then confirm some information and PAL licence information. In some cases randomly they have to be approved by the Cheif of RCMP.

Hate to say it but those guns will be sold on the black market to criminals and gangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived