Dufferin Islands

DarkEdge

:roflblack:

That is all. Corn didn't work. No musky to be seen. A number of good sized carp swimming around, but they just weren't biting today. Still had a good day fishing with Luvevolution, though.

musky??? carp and panfish for sure but musky??? not saying they aren't there but 25 years of living in Chippawa (until the mid '90's) and fishing there a few times a week in the summer(and terrorizing tourists on my bike) when I was a kid I never saw nor heard of a musky in there, would have made swimming a lot more interesting! lol

jjcanoe

Rich saw one, but I didn't get a bead on it. He was trying for them, though. I saw a massive snapping turtle try to eat a duck. That's about all the entertainment there was today.

Yes muskie! they sit in the little water falls, look lifeless mostly but you put a nice minnow on you will sure get them. size very nice size but they lack different types of fish so very boring fishing area.

I've had several follows in the last few months, but no hook ups. if you park at the last parking lot, you'll see them cruising the weed line there and also the inlet pipe around the back. but they were nowhere to be seen today, except for one at the inlet pipe, that wouldn't even follow the bucktail. a guy that was fishing beside us, said that he caught a Pike there yesterday. I've never seen a Pike in there though, so not sure whether he caught a Muskie and thought it was a Pike, or it was indeed a Pike. I've been observing Muskie in there for years, but never fished for them till this year. even the Carp count was down today. normally you see quite a lot in there, but today there were less than a hand full and I believe some of them were Suckers and not Carp at all. maybe the Carp have moved back into the river. hmmmmmmmmm.

it was very interesting to see that Turtle try and get at that duck though. I saw the duck get slightly dragged under, but it got away after flapping around a bit. LOL. it was a great day fishing with Scott, but not even so much as a nibble the whole day. big ole skunkaroony. hahahahaha.

Rich

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

I think they need to dredge dufferin islands out ... i have noticed the weed growth seems to be out of control over the past several years and it seems to be getting much shallower each year ....

The carp numbers are down in there this year for sure.

I think they need to dredge dufferin islands out ... i have noticed the weed growth seems to be out of control over the past several years and it seems to be getting much shallower each year ....

The carp numbers are down in there this year for sure.

agreed to all of the above. funny that I was saying the exact same thing to Scott today. :deadhorse:

Archived