Carp, its all about carp lately

lara4228

Well guys, thank you for all the advice. T., I didn't mean for you to leave this thread! It seemed to beging to become a bantering back and forth. Who knows, maybe that is what forums are about? As mentioned, this is my first forum, and I am enjoying it and the people and the info throroughly. Sorry if I miscontrued anything.

Tigernuts, thank you for the evening as well. That too, I thoroughly enjoyed. Fish on or not. I forgot what socializing in person in was like! lol. Ooodles of great information and wonderful company too! Will we do it again?

Hammercarp, I've been out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, not Thursday (lol, that's tonight! ) and was successful one more time. On Monday I caught a 17.3lb. I wouldn't of known the weight, but luckily, there was a guy fishing who had a scale. I love fishing for carp now. I am definitely hooked. You mentioned something about southern guys fishing for carp, is there a difference? Do the carp in the south differ from the carp up here? I would think a fish is a fish is a fish? no?

I want to and am determined to master this line of fishing. It's the first time I've dedicated myself to a 'type' of fish and I am going to focus any energy and knowledge on this one. Although, they seem pretty predictable and have an easy enough pattern to follow. Ya know, like I said the other night, I once trained my goldfish. If carp are anything like goldfish, which I know they are related, I will do as I am determined to do!

Thanks!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tigernuts, thank you for the evening as well. That too, I thoroughly enjoyed. Fish on or not. I forgot what socializing in person in was like! lol. Ooodles of great information and wonderful company too! Will we do it again?

I'm sure we'll all get together again in the near future!

Lara. There is no difference between "our" carp and "their" carp. But there is more than one way to catch them. The way I fish carp was developed by anglers in a highly competetive sport that takes place in venues called Paylakes. They are called Paylakers. They fish for money. I am not interested in fishing for money but I believe that the highly competitive nature of what they do results in a technique that produces fish consistantly. They have a long tradition that goes back over 50 years and predates the euro style that you have been introduced to. These guys were catching carp when the English thought carp were uncatchable. It is simpler and effective.

I believe you are right about carp being trainable or conditioned. For a short time anyway. But there are a lot of variables involved. That's what makes it challenging. And the fact that they fight like heck.

Congradulations on your new PB ( personal best ) 17.3 not bad.

Hammer,

Is a paylake a lake you need to "pay" to fish in? I tried to google it, I got a lot of cat fish interests, and scanned a few links, but this one is what makes me ask this initial question.

http://indianacarptalk.invisionzone.com/in...?showtopic=2873

Not too sure if I'd want to pay to fish when I can fish for free? :lol:

Yes they are talking about lakes where you pay to fish. Here is an example of what I am talking about. http://www.oatmealjack.com/Rigs/Shears/SHEARS.HTML .

We also have pay to fish places here. There are stocked trout ponds and conservation areas like 50 Point where you pay to get in.

You are right about us having lots of free places to fish and most around here have carp in them. We are truly blessed with a ton of angling opportunities here.

Archived