fort erie fishing show

MikeyB

I was there for a bit and I bought a pole, some spinners and line.

I thought the show was okay, but I dont know who anyone is from here....lol

I got there a little late when things were starting to wind down but still got the chance to chat with a few people I knew from here and I also got to meet some others I have chatted with here but never met, such as Denis and .

As soon as I walked in I ran into NFN's offical photographer chilli :lol: make sure you delete finger from that one shot. :blink:

Although I didn't buy anything (too broke from buying a new Minn Kota from Gills the day before) it was good to see a local show that had a very good turnout and am looking forward to next years show. My only suggestion would be to try and have it a little earlier in the year next time as from what I hear, there were a ton of boaters out fishing everywhere and I'm sure if the show was held in Feb-March the turnout would probably be much bigger.

Overall a good show!! :Gonefishing:

Guest Jeetmuck

It was a nice day out for a drive and when we got there it was packed. I only ran into Smerchly, Mr. and Mrs. Finigan and didn't see anyone else. Lots of great deals on everything, only had my mind set on one thing and that was replacing my baitcaster with a new one. Unfortunately nobody brought any that I was looking for. Some of the deals on tackle was great and there was some private fella selling his tackle and he had a great bag but way too big to carry around.

We left around 2pm... had to come home and watch some redneck racing, spent a good 2hrs there.... spent alot of time talking to Tommy, Dan and "town hall chilli" ;) And i think i saw Brad P and his entourage of ladies... :blink:

Was looking to meet , but didn't see anything with his name on it (maybe i'm blind? :Gonefishing: )... finally got to even things up with denis, good thing it was only a buck or he'd be questioning me i'm sure :lol:

all in all a good time... wish i hadda beat Tommy to those crappie minnow jigs (gonna have to get the name of those from you tommy, they look like they may work out nicely).... was impressed with the selection and the people kept coming in-in a steady flow... sure the vendors had a good time too!!!

Sounds like a good time was had - too busy on renovations here at home to check it out, let alone get my boat in the water!

Guess the only issue about having the show in Feb/March would be the ice at the Leisureplex?

Anyone remeber oh say 6-7 yrs ago. There was "Niagara Fishing/Outdoor show" held at the Ramda/Parkway (Ontario St) ?

Guest bradley_p

I made my way out with my girl friend and my sister. Got and talk to Tim and walt from Nickolls marine im getting my new ride on the 19 man i cant wait. PS dont tell cliff he off that day lol. i talk to Mr and Mrs Finigan, Denis, he siad he was going out to Lake Onrtario after show ( how did you make out steve?) Yes i do believe i seen you there spanky with your ladie if was a good show i think but i agree with The_Fish_Dawg about having show in Feb/March

brad

Fish Dawg, it was held in a gym and not the rink. there was a hockey toruny.

found some good deals, found some places that seemed to have junk. it was worth the drive for me for the guy who had the superafordable spinner baits and i found a few of my secret weapons marked 2 for $5 as opposed to $6 a pop.

I also think i have a walleye secret weapon. BigFish let me know when ya wanna have a fishoff ... yoru secret weapon against mine ....

maybe ...

nice to see everyone again ... if anyone has any comments on it that they want passed onto Bill, drop me a msg and I will probably be talking to him later on in the week.

Im sure he would love positive feedback as well as how to improve. i will be printing anything out and givign it directly to him.

Guest chilli
I made my out with my girl friend and my sister. ( how did you make out steve?) Yes i do believe i seen you there spanky with your ladie if was a good show i think

brad

15060[/snapback]

Amazing when you erase a few key words the laugh you can get :Gonefishing: Sorry Brad I'm juvenile today :lol:

Hey IBC. Tell Bill I agree with most that it's probably better before the spring derby and earlier. Maby around the same time we are watching the ice receed because that's when we are crying to get on the water and fishing is on the mind. It's also a transition period for the tackle boxes. Oh and just before a swill too cause I ussually load up there :blink:

Yup I agree, and also having someone out front selling dogs and burgers would be good. Perhaps next year when the date for the show is announced, a swill can be planned for that afternoon somewhere in Fort Erie.

Archived