'lil corky lures'

perkins

I bought a couple dozen from pete's back in novemember but never really took the time to use them. I am now out on the bow river and I figure it might be the next best thing to roe bags(as regs prohibit ths use of sceneted/live bait). Any tips would be greatly appreciated or even a diagram of sorts.)

I will have a cool fish report up soon enough. Have to wait for pictures to get developed. Anyways thanks for any suggestions a head of time.

Option 1:

3-way rig. Main line ==> 3-way swivel ==> 6-8" drop for your weight ==> 3-4 ft fluorocarbon leader. Thread a corky onto the leader, then a tiny bead (optional, but I find works better). Tie small hook on, and leave it bare. Use enough weight to bottom bounce, and enjoy.

Option 2:

Float presentation. Place bobber stop on main line, thread slip float onto main line. Tie on the desired length of fluorocarbon leader using a barrel swivel. thread corky and bead(optional) onto leader. Attach small hook and leave it bare. Float fish as required, using sufficient split-shot sinkers to get your presentation down, and enjoy.

In my opinion, I have found that multi colored (clown pattern), work best. Orange work good at times. Glow corkies work great pre-dawn. Chrome corkies are good, Chartreuse, white, bright yellow are my faves, but I have caught many trout on all colors.

Thanks alot, im going to try and find some beads. Just the one corky on the line? I am assuming right now is the equivlant to about novemember back home(niagara). We had a snow fall already.

If you have any pics from corkys please upload.

Archived