what did i find?

spottedGARRR

This question has an easy answer. What kind of animal does it taste like? :roflblack:

I still think it's an armadillo

Trust me, Dan. I've seen an armadillo. That looks nothing like a dumb, useless animal with very poor vision and a terrible sense of hearing, who's only defense is to curl into a ball when something tries to eat it.

Besides that, they can't swim. I've seen that first hand. :roflblack:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by what I've learned from CSI:Miami...Im going to go with oppossum. Looking at the overall clues...nose is bulbous and pink (even after the sun bleaching and bloating), paws (by the way all you avid outdoors "persons" cats and dogs have 4 claws and a heavy middle pad, the fifth claw would be the dew claw...not 5 human like fingers) Also the size of the teeth and the length of the snout. Raccoons have a stubby snout with a broad head. Also, I believe the legs on a racoon are short in the front and longer in the back...this guys looks like he has the same stubby legs all around. Aslo overall skin tone for this animal is pale...a racoon would be black...not sure what a racoons skin look like after a couple days in the water.

And in the words of Hiratio..."Looks like someone is playing oppossum!" YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great! 34 posts on a old possum carcass. :roflblack: It also has that "no neck " look of a mature possum .

Let's make it 35 posts.

It does have a skinny tail like an opossum but lots of dogs (in particular small dogs) have a skinny tail when stripped of fur. Especially when bloated from being submerged for awhile. The tail doesn't bloat as much as the fleshy tissue. Which makes the tail look smaller.

I'm not going to discount the fact that it could be an opossum. It was mentioned in an earlier post that it did not have a pouch. I could look this up but am too lazy, but I don't think male marsupials have a pouch.

This creature in this picture, has a set of "nads" that Beavis and Butthead would definitely take notice of.

Although I don't see a "schlong".

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar
Trust me, Dan. I've seen an armadillo. That looks nothing like a dumb, useless animal with very poor vision and a terrible sense of hearing, who's only defense is to curl into a ball when something tries to eat it.

Besides that, they can't swim. I've seen that first hand. :roflblack:

All I know is I want an armadillo hat

it's deffinitely a male since it's been noted that this thing has "nads". LOL. the "schlong" would be hidden till needed, as in many other animals. that would also explain why this animal doesn't have a pouch, since only female Marsupials have pouches. the other oposable thumb is there, but tucked underneath. you can see the indentation from the thumb if you look close enough. I'm still saying Opposum after 39 posts. LOL.

Guest Rockfish
I saw Bigugli wearing a Davy Crockett hat !! That looks like a skinned coon to me .......hmmmmmmmm :)

I remember Bruce knows all the words to that song so he must have a coonskin hat or 2 or 3 ......... :roflblack:

i always photo op dead carcasses while trampling the shores of the niagara, although this one i couldn't decide what species it was, so i thought i could use a little help from my friends. I think this was sometime in July..

" Aslo overall skin tone for this animal is pale...a racoon would be black "

Meet the "Toronto Terror", the hairless raccoon. :roflblack:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/675053

raccoon_06.jpg

Okay so its partially black...

...but the nose and paws and part of the head is still black. But because of the "no hair" gene mutation it could also have a genetic skin mutation...but I am pretty sure they are darker skinned. Man they look funny with no hair! LOL

Its easy to see why through out history all these types of mutations or "strange" animals being found or seen could create myths of great beasts that roam the planet!

Maybe its really Bigfoot!

it would be irresponsible of me to disclose the location of these on a public forum.

get out and explore... :Gonefishing:

Since I haven't even lived here a year, how about PMing me with a close to point, so I can start exploring. It's a big region.

Archived