Killing Time

DarkEdge

Decided to kill a little time tonight, so I went over to a not so secret fishing hole by my house. Started walking along some rocks, throwing spinners. Only fish I found was a long dead pike that'd washed up on shore. Not a very hopeful sight. So I decided to walk. Came upon a nice little bass in the water, but casting over him spooked him into the weeds, and out of my sight. Not discouraged, I walked on to another promising spot. Very first cast, I barely snapped the bale closed, and apparently I'd served dinner.

37960_10150282940215321_784400320_14889663_4053576_n.jpg

40907_10150282940260321_784400320_14889669_5677280_n.jpg

I figured it between two and three pounds. A pleasant surprise to be sure. Shame it wasn't in cleaner water, or that'd be dinner tomorrow night. Oh well, the battle was still worth the walk.

Nice going Scott!!....love reading your reports. looks like a 3 pounder to me. That spot looks familiar...haven't caught anything there myself...next time you are bored shoot me a pm...I wouldn't mind gettin into a few of those

That's my second of the year, sadly. I wish I could admit it was more, but both were caught in the same waters. First was OOS, though. Strange how it works, I fish for pike, I catch bass. Which was exactly what I was doing last night.

That's my second of the year, sadly. I wish I could admit it was more, but both were caught in the same waters. First was OOS, though. Strange how it works, I fish for pike, I catch bass. Which was exactly what I was doing last night.

you want pike give it a few weeks and ill show you a good pike spot for fall pike where you can site fish for them

you want pike give it a few weeks and ill show you a good pike spot for fall pike where you can site fish for them

Better be before the first of November. Not long after that, I'll be on my way back to Oklahoma. So that's as long as I have to get into at least one good pike.

Better be before the first of November. Not long after that, I'll be on my way back to Oklahoma. So that's as long as I have to get into at least one good pike.

how you going to be oklahoma for? better be back for ice fishing or help me cod

• 2 weeks later...

Archived