The Glen

johnklander

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally made my first trip out to the Glen yesterday mornig. Water clarity was about 2' to 3' and the action was fairly slow. Had 3 fish on an managed to land a big fat zero. I guess being out of the game so long has its consequences. :bb2:

Been down the glen last week and the week b4 and caught a few each time. Bunch of lakers, 1 rainbow, 1 brown, few smallies, and a couple of huge sheeps. With all the bad weather stiring everthing up, it gets real slow like ya said. We caught all ours in clear water.

Down again today and yesterday, couple of lakers, nice lil smallmouth. The water isn't coming up anymore, I think that's also why the bite is slow. Gonna try some new spots and differt things and see what I come up with in the next few weeks.

I do better when the water is low, normally before 9:00 am in the morning. One can cast farther towards where the fish were staging the night before.

I do better when the water is low, normally before 9:00 am in the morning. One can cast farther towards where the fish were staging the night before.

That's about when I'm getting mine too, but I found that when the water came up there was a lot more action. Time change kinda screwed me up this weekend. I wanna try some different places, and try as many diff. things as I can. I tried something this weekend that's been in my box for a while that I found on the ground, and that's what I got the smallie on. Its always good to try new things i geuss.

how heavy of a jighead do you need to keep a tube on the bottom in that current? Was thinking of getting down there for some smallies before season end.

Depends on the current really, some spots current goes diff. I've been using 3/8, but I think for the most part 1/2 should work well

• 3 weeks later...

I might have did that wrong lol stupid smart phones, I'm trying to get some pics up of the fish we caught down the glen, might have to wait till I can get on my comp. But I was down there last Saturday and landed 2 lakers(all catch and release) water was a little murky but still managed a couple.

SOmewhat murky water can be good at times. Was it at least 3" visibility?

Were you float fishing or bottom bouncing?

Nice to hear someone getting some fun.

not to sure about the glen but fished the pool today...water was still pretty high and there was less than a foot vis

didnt see any fish caught where i was fishin today

Had an ok morning, landed a laker, lost a bow, and had a monster something on and it cut my line. Didn't get a pic of the laker, slippery son of a jumped back in before I got the camera. Lol I will be posting pics of eveything we caught down the glen since october soon.

Had an ok morning, landed a laker, lost a bow, and had a monster something on and it cut my line. Didn't get a pic of the laker, slippery son of a jumped back in before I got the camera. Lol I will be posting pics of eveything we caught down the glen since october soon.

hey, what was the water clarity like today? I heard it was pretty muddy the last few days.

thanks for the info.

Later

Lushis

those are some nice trout there, I might be down there wednesday afternoon but wont know till tomorrow sometime

Archived