my new toy

basskicker09

DSCN3214.jpg

DSCN3215.jpg

well many of you already know im just getting into hunting and here is my first major purchase as a hunter its a ten point titan TL4 upgraded with synthectic cables and an excaliber scope

cant wait to try it on something other then paper targets

I like the anti dry fire feature on this bow but I'm not sure how to unload it if you don't fire an arrow. The young kid trying to sell me one at the TO sportsman show suggested I just take it home and fire an arrow into a box in the basement :crazy:

oh its a tricky one i cocked it and didnt have a bolt to shot but found out how to release it you have to hold the string press the trigger while holding it then once it goes to the dry fire safety holding the string still release the dry fire safety its not the easiest task lol

but i love this bow its all sighted it waiting for a day to go rabbit hunting with my friend he might use it for his deer tag while we are out if we come across one

What's the draw weight on that baby, Rob? My Barnett is only 150 pounds, and releasing the string on it is a bit of a challenge without firing it. I've been thinking about getting some cheap old bolts, and carrying one for releasing the string if I don't fire it. That way, if I lose, bend, or break the bolt, I don't lose anything.

That's a wicked looking weapon ! Think i'd rather take a bullet than one of those arrows . :unsure: I might need your services Rob .....we have mice that think our house is a restaurant ! ......Good practice for you !B)

Rob that's not true. Make sure you keep that thing sighted in. You have a brand new string there and there will be some stretch for awhile. Also judging distance can be difficult so don't practice on live animals at distances beyond your center crosshair until you practiced on a block that far. Low light levels can really complicate things and I've found my opportunities for deer have all come at first and last shooting light.

pinocchio compound is like the flyfishing of archery. Some enjoy the simplicity of point and shoot while others like knowing their skills have earned them their meal :worthy:

Recurve is the flyfishing of archery.

Longbow is like the cane-rod flyfishing of archery.

Compound is more akin to baitcasting of archery.

Crossbow is like the icefishing of archery :tease:

:lol::lol: Oh that gave me a good laugh.

But I agree to disagree about the baitcaster. It should be bumped up to recurve.

Does that make shotguns the smelt net of firearms?

:lol::lol: Oh that gave me a good laugh.

But I agree to disagree about the baitcaster. It should be bumped up to recurve.

Does that make shotguns the smelt net of firearms?

I say compound = baitcaster because it is a technical piece of equipment, highly engineered. Not classic.

Shotgun = smelt net. That is funny. All depends on what you're shooting :crazy:

• 1 month later...

Rob D and all other crossbow users, you must invest in a cocking aid made by excaliber. It cocks your bow and uncocks your bow with very little effort. They run around $25 and will make your life alot easier. Go to the excaliber wesite to watch the video to demonstrate how it works. BY the way you should have bought an excaliber bow.

Rob D and all other crossbow users, you must invest in a cocking aid made by excaliber. It cocks your bow and uncocks your bow with very little effort.

That, plus more importantly, the cocking aid ensures that your string is anchored in the same place consistently. Better accuracy. With the TenPoint's anti-dryfire mechanism, I'm not sure if he'll be able to uncock using the cocking aid method.

Baitcasters & bamboo fly rods; you guys crack me up!

Rob D.,

Join the Excalibur Crossbow forum at http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Lots of great information and great people there. They don't care what brand of crossbow you shoot. Best single source on the web for crossbow info.

i looked at a few different companys befor i bought the ten point to many people told me to stay clear of excal to even consider buying one and no one had a single bad thing to say about the ten points. And i got a great package deal on the the bow (scope,quiver,hard case,bow,and 6 bolts) for 450 and compounds hit harder

and for the cocking aid the bow is a compound cross bow the 170 lb draw is easy i can do it in the tree stand without having to spend the extra 25 bucks

if i wanted easy i would have got the wicked ridge with accudraw

i looked at a few different companys befor i bought the ten point to many people told me to stay clear of excal to even consider buying one and no one had a single bad thing to say about the ten points.

There certainly are brands to stay away from, but Excaliburs are definately not one of them. Ten, fifteen years ago Excalibur was the only crossbow of quality on the block. Now there's a lot more to choose from.

Among the 4 top brands these days, its a Ford/Chevy, Remington/Winchester sort of thing. It really just a question of which features you like better. Where Exaclibur shines is that they are an amazing (not to mention Canadian-based) company to deal with. I know of no other company that would replace something for free, with no grief and by next day Purolator, 15 years after the warranty had expired! True story. If you accidently bust something on your Excalibur right in the middle of deer season, the company have you up and hunting again by the weekend!

There certainly are brands to stay away from, but Excaliburs are definately not one of them. Ten, fifteen years ago Excalibur was the only crossbow of quality on the block. Now there's a lot more to choose from.

Among the 4 top brands these days, its a Ford/Chevy, Remington/Winchester sort of thing. It really just a question of which features you like better. Where Exaclibur shines is that they are an amazing (not to mention Canadian-based) company to deal with. I know of no other company that would replace something for free, with no grief and by next day Purolator, 15 years after the warranty had expired! True story. If you accidently bust something on your Excalibur right in the middle of deer season, the company have you up and hunting again by the weekend!

Excalibur's patent finally ran out so a bunch of their employees split and took the knowledge they had and created a copy cat company out of the Burlington area. I believe they are called meeble or something. This is the story I got from the Niagara Outdoor store last year when I asked about those bows. They look very similar.

Excalibur's patent finally ran out so a bunch of their employees split and took the knowledge they had and created a copy cat company out of the Burlington area. I believe they are called meeble or something. This is the story I got from the Niagara Outdoor store last year when I asked about those bows. They look very similar.

No Excalibur employees jumped ship, but you are right about the patents. I think the brands you are referring to are:

Maximus http://www.maximuscrossbows.com/

Middleton http://middletoncrossbow.com/

maxamus parts are made in china but middletons are nice my buddy just bought one there scopes they come with are nice i just hate the quiver location on them

and the owner of one of the two companys was an employee of excal from what i have heard

maxamus parts are made in china but middletons are nice my buddy just bought one there scopes they come with are nice i just hate the quiver location on them

and the owner of one of the two companys was an employee of excal from what i have heard

Maximus is Walker Downriggers in Stayner ON. Derek Middleton (Burlington) has never been any employee of Excalibur.

Archived