Anyone still Hunt Niagara on the Lake

pike007

Coyote watch went in there in 06 and tried to have the no firearms discharge bylaw expanded because they thought coyote hunting with dogs was cruel. Seems the anti's are the only ones interested in sharing reports about hunting in NOTL. When I lived there we saw plenty of coyotes but very few deer. The urban landscape though has been having it's share of wildlife conflicts. I'll give CW credit for some good educational info like property maintenance and bad feeding practices. I was just outside reinforcing my garbage bin myself.

The deer are more closer to the outskirts for example, stdavids,the fenced in deer haven along lakeshore.Probably rare to see them in the middle areas around line 4.5.6.7

I lived on Carelton East between Steward and Townline. Right across from the airport. Could be I wasn't looking much then but the coyotes really stood out in a field. I saw a snowy owl near the Husky truck stop last year :D

Yes the bush across the street from huskys has deer, they come through because the Niagara Escarpment is just on the other side of the highway and believe me those deer are not scared to cross it.

I lived on Carelton East between Steward and Townline. Right across from the airport. Could be I wasn't looking much then but the coyotes really stood out in a field. I saw a snowy owl near the Husky truck stop last year :D

I saw a Snowy Owl in Chippawa 15 years ago. It was around for several winter months.

I would love to see one of those. I saw a bald eagle on lake eugenia (collingwood) two years ago. Those things are effin' huge!! Way bigger then I thought.

We have tons of hawks down here, see some owls from time to time, and we see bald eagles in the river up towards queenston. Lots of wild life around here you just have to be paying attention!!

But none of the wildlife you just mentioned are huntable :(

But none of the wildlife you just mentioned are huntable :(

Why the sad face, who in the right mind would want to hunt hawks or owls or even eagles, those are species that will be protected for ever.

Plenty of turkeys here in NOTL. There is one who hangs around the Airport/Queenton Rd intersection. The stupid thing just stands there in the middle of the intersection and forces the cars to drive around it. One day there was a cop pushing it off the road with his foot.

Archived