Hello- New To Forum

Jim K

I've browsed this forum for a while, and see that it offers good, current information. Thank you, and I hope I can do the same for others.

In addition to multi species fishing, I also enjoy Scuba, and underwater video, and hope to occasionally post up locally shot video .

(if I can figure out how.... tech challenged) Lets give that a try here.

thanks - Jim

http://www.youtube.com/lSTMPUBcbrI

Hey Jim. Welcome. If you would like the location of a 300 dollar baitcast combo that went overboard in the canal last summer. I'd be glad to give it to you. With some restoration, would probably still be useable. It is pretty lose to the lincoln launch too.

Don't worry about all that fancy embedding code Jim. Just paste the link to your video right in your post. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimkinner

Make sure you sign up for google adsense as soon as they invite you Jim. These videos will generate you some $ especially if you share the link in places like this. Get ready for the GPS requests :P

Yeah, I'm a bit tech challenged. Let's try a link to one and see if that works.

This one is of a busted up old ship wreck about a half mile above Strawberry.

Yeah, I'm a bit tech challenged. Let's try a link to one and see if that works.

This one is of a busted up old ship wreck about a half mile above Strawberry.

NICE BASS!

Is underwater fishing going to be the next "finesse" fishing fad?

Welcome to the board Jim.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. We have done some underwater fishing, Blair. It's sort of like having a sea gull on. I'll have to post a link to one underwater fishing trip in lake Erie some time. this year will be the 25 anniversary of the sinking of the Ruth B in the upper river. I must be getting old, because I sure do remember when it happened. Here's some video of that wreck shot several years ago, It's fairly intact. We are feeding the fish some chummin' chow. The stuff came with an order of Dr Juice. I always scent my Salmon spoons with the juice.

We have found a few combos over the years phranchise. Sorry it got away from you. Unless they are only down a week or two, the reels don't fare very well. The rod might be ok.

great videos. love the colours on the one Bass close to the end of the first video. very pretty. gotta love the Muskie showdown at the end of the second. how cool is that!?

welcome to the board. can't wait for more video footage. :)

Rich

NICE BASS!

Is underwater fishing going to be the next "finesse" fishing fad?

Welcome to the board Jim.

Hey Blair- Here is underwater fishing on one of this areas biggest wrecks, The freighter WC Richardson. It's about four miles off the Buffalo harbor break wall.

Hey Blair- Here is underwater fishing on one of this areas biggest wrecks, The freighter WC Richardson. It's about four miles off the Buffalo harbor break wall.

-------- Wow ... and I was only Kidding about the Underwater Fishing.

Gives a whole new meaning to the word: CONDIITIONS.

Looks like I have some Swimming & then Diving to do... to get out to the wreck.

*SMILES*

:thx:

great videos. love the colours on the one Bass close to the end of the first video. very pretty. gotta love the Muskie showdown at the end of the second. how cool is that!?

welcome to the board. can't wait for more video footage. :)

Rich

Getting nose to nose with muskies. Thats what it's all about. interest in those fish got me into diving, and when we learned how to get within a couple feet of them, It was time to get a video camera and enclosure. The rush you get when a big girl follows and hits by the boat, it's like that, even better. You are in their house, sometimes they are downright friendly to us, other times, nasty. A musky is a complicated, moody fish. I have learned so much about them, and their place in the Niagara.

I have to see these vid's now!My computer caught the HIV or somthing & i can't watch any vids or see pics.Guess it is time to take it in.Welcome to N.F.

I have to see these vid's now!My computer caught the HIV or somthing & i can't watch any vids or see pics.Guess it is time to take it in.Welcome to N.F.

Just update your flash player/plugin and you should be good.

Great hold and glad you didn't keep him out of the water too long for pictures :P

Awesome video. Ive never done any underwater fishing before, and I may be wrong. But it may be easier/less cumbersome to use an ice fishing rod under water...

Just a thought..

Awesome video. Ive never done any underwater fishing before, and I may be wrong. But it may be easier/less cumbersome to use an ice fishing rod under water...

Just a thought..

We haven't done much underwater fishing, or fish feeding in recent years. It was quite a bit of trouble to release the bass. The video doesn't show it , but it took a couple minutes to finally grab it, and get the hook loose. It was fun to do it a couple times, but it really is a pain to unhook them. An ice fishing rod would make that a little easier, but more difficult to work an offering.

Here's a good one. A midwest fishing show I help with underwater footage has Berkley for a sponsor. I had a tub of those white power grub things. (used them for lakers on the bar when we ran low on minnows). So I take an old 7ft rod, string the line through the guides, and tie it off to the guide nearest the seat (no reel) I tie the jig about six feet from the tip. This way, I can work the jig over a variety of terrain. I cut the point off the hook, and bend the barb down, as I don't really want to hook anything. I just wanted to show the jig bouncing, and if a fish grabbed it , it could be cut away to him fighting a fish topside before he spit it. A friend and I hit the river, Me with a camera in my left hand and the rig in my right, he's got the float.

So were drifting along and Im getting what I want, there are some bass and eyes around . The bass start taking an interest, so I give it a little more action, and a decent one grabs it. I get the shot, PERFECT ! Just one problem, he won't let go. I don't know if it wedged in his mouth, or what, but he keeps pulling. Now, i'm drifting down the river with a a camera in one hand, and a rod and fish in the other. My buddy's trying hard not to loose it to the point where he spits out his reg and drowns. Now, I'm talking to a Bass "let it go' let it go" . Took two or three minutes for that bass to get loose. The guy loved the footage, though.

[Here's a good one. A midwest fishing show I help with underwater footage has Berkley for a sponsor. I had a tub of those white power grub things. (used them for lakers on the bar when we ran low on minnows). So I take an old 7ft rod, string the line through the guides, and tie it off to the guide nearest the seat (no reel) I tie the jig about six feet from the tip. This way, I can work the jig over a variety of terrain. I cut the point off the hook, and bend the barb down, as I don't really want to hook anything. I just wanted to show the jig bouncing, and if a fish grabbed it , it could be cut away to him fighting a fish topside before he spit it. A friend and I hit the river, Me with a camera in my left hand and the rig in my right, he's got the float.

So were drifting along and Im getting what I want, there are some bass and eyes around . The bass start taking an interest, so I give it a little more action, and a decent one grabs it. I get the shot, PERFECT ! Just one problem, he won't let go. I don't know if it wedged in his mouth, or what, but he keeps pulling. Now, i'm drifting down the river with a a camera in one hand, and a rod and fish in the other. My buddy's trying hard not to loose it to the point where he spits out his reg and drowns. Now, I'm talking to a Bass "let it go' let it go" . Took two or three minutes for that bass to get loose. The guy loved the footage, though.

--------GREAT STORY!

Thanks for sharing Jim.

Archived