East Erie Ice Reports?

RPM

Anyone been out lately, and have a recent report on conditions?

Looking for places to avoid, pressure cracks, that sort of thing.

I've been watching the satellite shots, and it looks like the ice moved around a bit this week.

Took a drive last weekend, and saw a few vehicles parked in the usual spots, but didn't get to speak with anyone.

Thanks.

i posted a report on monday. i found 9 inches, wildwood area, no fish, couldnt get past the shove, wet spots showed thinner ice when tested, that was close to the shove only. the shove was massive and non passible.

I was out saturday on the other side of the point, lots of shove there, but passible. 9 inches of ice also. I'm heading to the BBC in 15 minutes to go for a walk and see what i can find. I got a feeling this is the last of the cold, it's gonna break up next week.

After a few technical difficulties managed to get out and fish a few hours and ended up with 30 keepers. Ice was 16” where I happened to stop and fish in 40.1’. I’m sure I crossed some much thinner ice on the way out! Was a good day but would be nice if the wind would die down for a few days. Would like to get out and be able to move around without the hut in tow.

Was out today from 1 til 5:30 with my buddy. hammered fish all afternoon. got 60 keepers between the two of us. Average size was between 9 - 12 inches with a few hogs. Hated the wind though.

Was out today from 1 til 5:30 with my buddy. hammered fish all afternoon. got 60 keepers between the two of us. Average size was between 9 - 12 inches with a few hogs. Hated the wind though.

where abouts where u if u dont mind me asking. ive been all over the niagara region and yet have caught a fish through the ice. going out tom. hoping u would be willing to change my luck lol or location

Did good on Saturday out from sherkton. Lots of ice but the going was rough. 4 wheeler got stuck because of the snow drifts and shove ice so you need a snowmobile to get out far enough.

First, try Grimsby! Then if no luck, try asking for a potential fishing partner from this area (via PM). Last but not least, if you want lots of fish you might try your local supermarket! Most people when appearing on a site like this ,would first introduce themselves and hope someone will take them under their wing and help a bit! You'll get nowhere with demands like yours . Just some advice! Try being a little more subtle ..... it works!!! cheers!!!!

The Ice breaker will be only from port maitland and west but may come to port colborne. It shouldn't affect any of the ice east of PC unless we get an good east wind and then say goodbye.

it was out there on Tues heading west from Pt.Colborne

Archived