Do We Want A Separate Forum For

Dan Andrews

Scuba fishing :roflblack:

Hey fly anglers. You may not want to watch this video of the perfect fly fishing river

but seriously, if we had a separate forum for kayak angling or flyfishing would it encourage you to share more?

I enjoy the pic's & storys of the fly/kayak fishers.I would love to do both one day.Keep up the motovational post!!

why stop at scuba fishing? why not scuba flyfishing?

p.s. yes. a flyfishing forum would be good as would a kayak/canoe forum as i do both and enjoy sharing input on similar pursuits.

I gather this would mean dismantling the general forum?

With all the specialized subforums there would no longer be a need for a general fishing forum.

What I observe is there is very little action in most of the sub forums based on the lack of posts and replies.

I believe in the kiss principle.

If it's readership and replies that you want, I say keep it in the fishing forum.

I know that on another site I frequent, there are separate forums for fly fishing and fly tying. That site is for Nova Scotia however, where fly angling and tying tends to represent a larger percentage of the angling population than it does here in Ontario. I don't really see a need for separate forums here; however, not having tried it out I can't say whether or not it would fly (pun intended).

I'd love to see a Kayak subforum, but like everyone else said, not enough demand for it and not enough people venturing into the subforums to read :( love your thinking tho Dan. Always trying to improve the site!

Archived