Herb Schnick

5571 Spring Creek Rd

Smithville, ON L0R 2A0

Some animal whacko drove by Herbs farm and didn't like the looks of the cows and called the HS. Herb having nothing to hide let the HS on the property to show he's taking good care of his cattle. The HS is giving this old man a hard time and plans to return in the morning to reinspect. Apparently there were threats to take his animals if he doesn't comply with their nitpicking.

Beware the Lincoln County Humane Society. They are animal rights not animal welfare. They are crooks having illegal removed members and refused many paying members sending their money back because of their associations with hunting and farming.

If you would like to show some solidarity he could use some support in the morning when they show up. The Ontario Landowners Association will be there also. I have to work but if I get rained out I will be there and hopefully my camera will work so I can document it.

If anyone else is interested I'll update with a possible time tonight but check out the conversation on facebook and give Bob Mackie a hand at letting the LCHS know they had better not over step their bounds

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150115299769367&set=a.55009919366.62030.824919366&theater

BTW Kevin Strooband just requested a facebook friendship with Mackie. Add Bob as a friend and let Kevin know how we feel about his desire for absolute power for animals rights :th_fudd:

Good grief! Herb is a bonafide farmer, not some idiot wannabe who doesn't know what he is doing. Herb's living and livelihood is farming and he makes his money from the quality of his product. I'm surprised Kevin Strooband still has a job after the way he bungled the Toronto Humane Society case then got caught fooling around with a THS employee.

Let the Humane Society onto your land or into your house and you can almost guarantee they WILL find fault with you. I've seen it happen to people I know; people who are loving and dedicated pet owners. The sooner that the LCHS realizes that animals are not people, the better off both people and the animals will be.

From the Welland & District Humane Society's website:

"If your application meets the criteria and we feel the match is a good one, then you will come in and sign the adoption agreement."

So let me get this staight... A charity receives public dollars to provide animal control services, but uses its own agenda-driven discretion to decide which members of the public may or may not adopt one of those animals? :angry:

Isn't that kind of like putting the Pope in charge of who gets to have condoms?

(Catholics (I'm one too) please take no offence; it was the best analogy I could think of at the moment ;) )

When we got our dog , a Staff .Terrier from the LCHS , they came to my house to check out our property for fences and mobility room for the dog to exercise . They were also informed I have experience with these dogs . The dog I received needed special care as she was badly abused and starved nearly to death . A lot of time and $$$ was spent at the vets to save the life of my dog which is now about 13 . I can see why they want suitable owners for dogs but they haven't the right to stop an owner who hunts & fishes from owning a pet or joining their B.O .D. . For THAT reason , I will not support them . My dog adoption (owning) days will soon be over after my old girl passes on .

Well I went to Herbs today and and joined the OLA while the Humane Society finished their investigation. The said they would follow up come spring. Isn't spring just around the corner? I've got a full report tonight but the short story was there were no starving animals, the anonymous complaint was bogus and no animals were seized or surrendered. Herb however has been harassed and my gut feeling is they are not done with him yet. The turn out however may make the HS think again about messing with Herb. They should have known better in the first place.

Now I encourage everyone who reads this to eat meat tonight because what it all boils down to is citiots and the vegan agenda.

Archived