Registry

smerchly

I might have supported the NDP again in this election ,but M. Allan " changed his mind" after being TOLD how to vote in the registry laws . Well , I have also changed my mind about supporting his party . S.Harper was in Thorold & has said he would abolish these useless laws . I'm sure 2 billion dollars would have saved thousands of lives if that money was put into health care !!!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/decision2011/2011/04/03/17862406.html

I might have supported the NDP again in this election ,but M. Allan " changed his mind" after being TOLD how to vote in the registry laws . Well , I have also changed my mind about supporting his party . S.Harper was in Thorold & has said he would abolish these useless laws . I'm sure 2 billion dollars would have saved thousands of lives if that money was put into health care !!!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/decision2011/2011/04/03/17862406.html

The long gun registry is a perfect example demonstrating how left wing parties have complete contempt for the individual Canadian.

Allen showed up with guns blazing threatening to debate the PM. The PM agreed but by the time he got outside Allen had fled the scene. That's because he knew Harper was surrounded by supporters who were pissed off about the wasteful registry and Allen was only prepared to debate economic issues. Under Allen's leadership, Welland has tanked. If Welland wants a piece of the recovery perhaps they should have voted to end the stupid registry and turfed the guy who played the partisan chess game by changing his vote at the last minute. Time to tell him we're tired of political games, we need leadership and someone willing to work with government, not hold a gun to their head and play games while we all struggle.

"buddabut buddabut a believe you me" says Allen <_<

Allen showed up with guns blazing threatening to debate the PM. The PM agreed but by the time he got outside Allen had fled the scene. That's because he knew Harper was surrounded by supporters who were pissed off about the wasteful registry and Allen was only prepared to debate economic issues. Under Allen's leadership, Welland has tanked. If Welland wants a piece of the recovery perhaps they should have voted to end the stupid registry and turfed the guy who played the partisan chess game by changing his vote at the last minute. Time to tell him we're tired of political games, we need leadership and someone willing to work with government, not hold a gun to their head and play games while we all struggle.

"buddabut buddabut a believe you me" says Allen <_<

X 1000 Chili!!!!

When there is a minority government it is up to the MPs (regardless of colour) to work together. In fact a minority government gave the "No Dreams of Power" members the chance to effect change. They could have helped stop the waste of money on this registry, and in recognition of their support recieved some concessions for thier own agenda, for thier own constituents. They decided to throw this option to work with the government away. They decided to side with the anti-gun crowd and then decided to help the Liberals throw us into an unwanted costly election.

I truly hope Malcolm Allen, Timmins' Charlie Angus, Sudbury's Glenn Thibeault, Nickel Belt's Claude Gravelle, Algoma's Carol Hughes, and Sackville-Eastern Shore's Peter Stoffer all find the rath of their constituency come May 2nd.

FW

A lot of people in the Welland riding are firm in their opinions that the area has been served well by the NDP over the years, whether it be at the Federal or Provincial levels.

Unfortunately for those folks, this time things are different. Moreso than most politicians, Malcolm Allen is all about Malcolm Allen. His re-election bid is nothing more than the fulfillment of his retirement plan (he needs to serve 2 terms to be eligible for his fat MP's pension).

Allen abandoned the voters of Pelham when, right after being elected to Council, he quit to run in the Federal election. He ran for Council knowing he wanted to run Federally, but he was hedging his bets.

Going right back to his days on the union exec at GM; the people that Allen was supposed to represent have always been used as mere stepping stones to better his own postion.

Whether it be worker's union dues or taxpayer dollars, Allen has made a career of living off the sweat of others. He likes to portray himself as the "hard working blue collar guy", but somehow he's always managed to find a way to carry the light load and not break a nail.

The registry is a useless boondoggle brought about by politicians who decided that it would be a good way to buy votes. Sell the idea that there is rampant gub violence out there and that a registry will reduce it, then the votes will come rolling in. Unfortunately it worked. It is hard to believe in the age of the internet that people would be so quick to swallow such claptrap.

Below are the figures from Statistics Canada ( http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal01-eng.htm )

Homicides by method 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

All methods 663 606 594 611 610

Shooting 223 190 188 200 179

Stabbing 198 210 190 200 210

Beating 144 119 116 122 116

Strangulation 47 48 51 45 43

Fire(burns/suffocation)10 12 4 7 12

Other methods1 26 14 19 20 28

Not known 15 13 26 17 22

It is also established that approximately 2/3 of all homicides involving a firearm are committed with a hand gun. That means that, for instance, in 2008, 59 homicides involved a long gun. Looking at per capita rates, Canada rates very low and has for many years, the most recent numbers being approximately 0.0149063 per 1,000 people ( http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita ).

Blame the media: they love to grab onto a sensational headline and milk it for all it is worth.

I know the corporate owned media prints only what they want us to see . Harper should have these figures on hand when he talks about the useless , costly registry laws in this country . To those who support the gun registry and have either lost a loved one due to our medical wait times etc. , think how the billions of wasted dollars might have helped save lives . There is not enough money apparently , to have both .......

Looking at those figures above , we better start registering knives or keeping them all locked up in a safe .........ohmy.gif

Archived