Residents Win Battle Over Queenston Docks

rick

Good to hear the Jet Boats got slowed down a bit by denying a bigger building. When they took over the Queenston dock, they should still have allowed fishermen on the dock. It was an old perch fishing spot for years. At the least the agreement should have been to maintain the road going down for boats. Its a mess with potholes again. If they wanted the docks, there should have been a trade off. But then again NOTL council doesn't care about anglers, or the residents of Queenston. They just want the tax dollars from the Jetboats.

Good to hear the Jet Boats got slowed down a bit by denying a bigger building. When they took over the Queenston dock, they should still have allowed fishermen on the dock. It was an old perch fishing spot for years. At the least the agreement should have been to maintain the road going down for boats. Its a mess with potholes again. If they wanted the docks, there should have been a trade off. But then again NOTL council doesn't care about anglers, or the residents of Queenston. They just want the tax dollars from the Jetboats.

I agree. My trips to the beloved gorge, after decades, ended the second day this noisy, obnoxious tourist ride ripped thru the gorge. The day this was approved to roar thru such a great ecosystem was the day the glitter and grease of Niagara Falls slid into the Niagara Gorge. Anything for a tax buck.

TAX DOLLARS is the magic word ! The jet boat company will repeal this battle and I won't be surprised to see them get their way . As usual, lots of money will go to the lawyers who know how to squeeze out every dime they can get . There is not much public access left for the average boater or shore fisherman in the lower Niagara .

I agree. My trips to the beloved gorge, after decades, ended the second day this noisy, obnoxious tourist ride ripped thru the gorge. The day this was approved to roar thru such a great ecosystem was the day the glitter and grease of Niagara Falls slid into the Niagara Gorge. Anything for a tax buck.

Although I agree that it was a sad day when "this noisy, obnoxious tourist ride ripped thru the gorge" it was preceded long before by another tourist ride that I find far more noisy and obnoxious. The constant, never ending sound of helicopters overhead! All one can do is try to tune it out and concentrate on the visuals. Thank the stars for headphones!

I remember going down there when i was younger and playin on the giant sand hills there while my brother and father fished fo perch and smelts. Too bad money talks now. Just like the quarry at the end of stanley ave north, (walker bros) what was a pond anf forest is all bein redevloped for CONDOS and wat a surprise another GOLF COURSE. Hopefully they dont get rid of the other pond on the other side.

Archived