Worth A Try

denis

If your interested the Upper is in good shape to fish and the water is up at least 2 feet so you can use the launch again. It's also a short ride to NY for Trophy season Bass and walleye on the jig. If your into fishin then this is your time :Gonefishing:

I was out the Sunday and it was good Denis but the dirty East wind kept the fish at bay except one trophy bass. I'm sure it matched my personal best. I had a quick stare at it and gently released it with no pictures :)

I must say though in my last 3 trips I've caught 4 fish and they were all different species. 2 of the trips were less than 1/2 long. You never know what your going to catch in the big water.

On another note I see the boats were either mainly below the train bridge or above the Peace Bridge. I had Thompson's hole all to myself :dunno:

How did you do today? :Gonefishing:

Well despite the driving rain and north east wind I ended up with one bow and a big bass. Thanks for calling me a pussy to get me out there. It was cozy and warm indoors today but you can only talk so much politics and it's time to get outside in the reel world where we have some control over our destiny.

This bass' destiny will be determined another day as he was gently released. This one is smaller than the one I got a few days ago but it was a brute none the less.

2.jpg

And thanks for snapping this pic and getting that guy to demonstrate a good cleaning technique. This ones destination is in someones tummy :)

229460_222841314396215_129740710372943_995636_2199996_n.jpg

Never say the weather is too bad. Get out while the getting is good because its spring and its not going to last much longer to so now if you can :crazy:

In the "reel" world....you spelled it right Dan! :Gonefishing: I knew there would be a few :crazy: out there fishing today ! another fine looking steelie and a nice bass to boot ! How did the bass fight in the cold water , compared to the bow ......no comparison ? B)

Any idea the temp of water inside the niagara river?

temp at erie nad lake ontario seems to still be in the 40's

Any idea the temp of water inside the niagara river?

temp at erie nad lake ontario seems to still be in the 40's

Hi...I was on Lake Ontario (Near Bronte) getting the boat ready. I was in about 40 feet of water and it was 8.5" C.....closer to 11"C near shore and around the marina.

Cheers

Archived