What A Beauty Weekend

bigugli

2, read em, 2 back to back days of sunshine and bluebird skies. Spring finally arrived and the fish are starting to take note.

Saturday, the son and I went perchin. Admittedly he spent half the day asleep on the beach, but we caught enough perchies for brekkie, and peanut snacked on a few small injured perch. A sample:

DSCN3328.jpg

This afternoon the Mrs and I got out for a few hours. A few more perch in the bucket. The Mrs got the biggest at 10" but won't hold em :rolleyes:

I got me another great beastie on light tackle. had just recast when the rod started to dance. Set the hook and could have sworn I had snagged a log. It didn't budge, it would not move. Set the hook a second time and first the drag starts singing. Then the fish turns and runs right to me. All the while she hugged bottom. Close to shore she finally showed herself. Still wasn't sure how big she was. Then she showed me her tail and it was big. The rest of the fight was 10 minutes of back and forth. Never getting any closer than 5'. I finally got the better of her.

DSCN3330.jpg

A quick measure and 2 pics and back she went, in under a minute

I was thinking about going there today Bruce , but I had a full day of yard & garden work plus some company for Ma Day . That is a fine fine carp you caught , Hammer will be impressed I'm sure ! :). The water level has receded to a nice level and the minnies should be appearing very soon . As Chili posted on his video , minnows are thick as black flies in some waters now . Time for the floats Bruce ? ;)

I was thinking about going there today Bruce , but I had a full day of yard & garden work plus some company for Ma Day . That is a fine fine carp you caught , Hammer will be impressed I'm sure ! :). The water level has receded to a nice level and the minnies should be appearing very soon . As Chili posted on his video , minnows are thick as black flies in some waters now . Time for the floats Bruce ? ;)

Still a little too much current

Nice job Bruce if weather is nice this weekend I am taking my nieces there since I promised them saturday, and it is a short car ride from my sisters.

Archived