Pelican Pursuit 100 Angler Kayak

miller

been looking into buying a kayak for a little while now and turns out crappy tire has one a decent one on sale. i was just wondering if any of you have had experience with this kayak or could shed some light as if it'd be a good buy, thanks.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Marine/Boats/PRDOVR~0798240P/Pursuit%252B100%252BAngler%252BKayak.jsp?locale=en

been looking into buying a kayak for a little while now and turns out crappy tire has one a decent one on sale. i was just wondering if any of you have had experience with this kayak or could shed some light as if it'd be a good buy, thanks.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Marine/Boats/PRDOVR~0798240P/Pursuit%252B100%252BAngler%252BKayak.jsp?locale=en

I have an older Pelican and love it. A buddy has that one and it is fun. I use mine all the time. The cool thing about the yaks is that you can go up small side streams and get to places no one has fished. The welland canal is a great place to try it out and the welland river has lots of side streams filled with pike and bass. Also you can rig a normal kayak to be fishing, the rod holders are about $10 ea (flush) and at bass pro the front mount adjustable rod holder is 2 for $16, the mounting hardware is $2 ea. I can help rig it if you are interested, and take you a couple of places, msg me.

they were all out when i went in today so i got a rain check i have to wait a few days til they get more in but i'm looking forward to it. i'd definatly be interested in meeting up and trying out some new spots

they were all out when i went in today so i got a rain check i have to wait a few days til they get more in but i'm looking forward to it. i'd definatly be interested in meeting up and trying out some new spots

I just posted some pics from going out yesterday, have a look

Just make sure you meet the weight requirements. In other words, if it's a 200 lb max capacity, make sure you weight at most 180 lbs.

Indeed Tommy. Good call. Ask Dark_Edge if he agrees :)

bc490ab7.jpg

Well that's my yak he was in and I'm a big 154 pounds. When I brought that portable fish finder with me which is about 10 pounds I noticed a difference in resistance. I think a big man should seriously consider the big ocean yaks instead of the cheapies. I saw one in the Niagara River a few weeks ago and it sat up very well and it was moving with little effort. So I guess it depends on whether your just getting started and not sure if it's for you yet or your ready to make the transition from motor to paddle. You do generally get what you pay for.

Iam 190 and fine in my buds. There is a huge difference in the ocean yak though, more tippy but way faster. 2 paddles in the fishing one to one in the ocean one.

Archived