Out For A Kayak

spiro

So went out for a Yak last night, caught more rock bass than I can count and a big 8 pound pike on my 2 pound ultraligt panfish rod, that was fun, even got my hook out of the toothy critter but he broke free of my grip while I was trying to get the camera out. Sunglasses went into the drink about that time also.

There is a spot way back in the pier that has a construction workers signature in pencil, it has the name address and date, 1935! I have a pic of that also, the name of the town is not Welland, its Crowland, so I think its authentic.

Careful that's an industrial intake

Under the pier there is no intake, thats down farther. once you get under there you can see the bottom the whole way and there are no pipes or current, just rock bottom, not even alot of trash on the bottom like the rest of the canal. The cement looks like it was poured yesterday, no UV damage from the weather, and there is a beaver living under there this year. scared me when he slapped his tail. Lots of barn swallows nest there also so not a lot of spiders either.

Looks really cool. Is that kayak business open on the other side yet? I've sent a lot of business that way and want to talk with them. :Gonefishing:

I think the buisness has moved down between the 406 and Notre Dame High school.

They have a really nice dock system set up there but the parking is not so good., they open at 6:00 and close at 9i I almost got locked in.

Archived