How Does Your Boat Stack Up?

fishkid

I couldn't imagine sitting at water level in a bass boat on lake erie when it blows up!!! I'll stick to my 4 ft gunnels and 30mph top speed....

I used to think the same thing Kevin, honestly i feel more safe in my bassboat than i did in my old deep v, bassboats are heavier and more stable believe it or not lol!Not once have i had a wave come over.

Stay away from Tracker marine/nitro bad construction and horrible warranty, my last boat was a tracker and ilost about $10000 on it,p.m me i can send you pics, don,t be fooled by the warranty, its not worth the paper its written on, as far as the 115 verse the 200 with the same prop they will run different because of the prop, a boat with a smaller motor wil need a different prop to make it perform the same as the 200, i run a 21 ft stratos ss extreme with a 2004 johnson 150 hp dfi, i,m running roughly 52 to 55 mph depending on the load and i,m 100 hp under as the boats rated for a 250, but i,m happy with what i have for now, i have all the boat i need and have room to upgrade the motor when needed, i use alittle more gas but thats just how it is LOL bassboats are not cheap!keep the questions comong ,lots of guyz to help!

Thanks guys. I'm set to go check this stratos out on friday. Hopefully this one turns out to be the one. I don't know what the rating is for HP on the stratos 282 but I'm sure the 150 on it is pretty close to its max.

I have myself a large checklist that I use when inspecting boats. 40 points total. Everything from wiring to hull damage to wheel bearings to compression and spark.

Is there anything in particular that I should pay close attention to? Maybe something bass boat specific that I'm overlooking?

The only thing that I've been told about is that "he can't get one livewell to drain". Doesn't sound too serious.

A couple small upholstery tears on the captains seat.

I've also been given the go ahead to do my own motor checks and water testing whatever I want, so I don't think I'll be finding too many surprises.

Fuel use all ddepend on how you drive it. I have a heavy boat with an older 175hp evinrude 2 stroke. It can be a pig if go WOT, or it can be decent if you pull back a little bit, and drop the RPM's.

I would think that a 175 and 115 on the same boat doing the same RPM and Speed, the 175 would be better.

It is the same as a truck V6 vs V8, the V8 is harder on gas to get going but once crusing it cost less.

Also in the 115 you might be running for 30 min to get to your spot where the 175 might take you 20 min. Less time= Less Gas

Archived