5Th Annual 30Lb Challenge Presented By The Niagara Bassmasters

Pete Elphinstone

Hi All

Fall fishing is upon us again and it is time to announce the 5th annual 30lb Challenge presented by The Niagara Bassmasters. The big bass in Lake Erie have put on the feed bag and are getting bigger by the minute!!

Here are the tournament details;

Date: Saturday November 12, 2010

Time: 7:30 to 3:30

Launch: Crystal Beach Public Ramp

Entry Fee: $60.00

Waters: Lake Erie & Upper Niagara River

5 Bass,

Live release

1 rod per angler

This is an open tournament which means you don't have to be a member of B.A.S.S. to fish. Last year we had 19 teams, lets top those numbers this year!

The event will be launched from the Crystal Beach Public Ramp. In case of high winds the event will be moved to the upper Niagara River and launched from there. This will be prime time to break the 30lb. mark. The winning team that breaks 30lbs. will receive specially made trophies.

If you have any questions or need directions please send me a PM.

See you there!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

The weather for this Saturday is certainly not looking the best for an event on Lake Erie. Due to the fall season coming to an end soon and the Frost Bite Series happening each weekend there is really no room for a date switch so this event will be moved to the Upper Niagara River.

Right now the river is just like the lake, the fish are on the feed and are growing heavy. Catching a 20lb bag of fish in the river is certainly possible.

I am just waiting on the confirmation of the launch site but most likely it will be Millers Creek Marina (formerly Niagara Parks Marina). This is the same site that the OBF multi-club joint event was held at.

Launch and finish times will still remain the same.

7:30 blast, 3:30 weigh-in.

With the rough lake conditions the Lake will be closed and off limits. A strong south or south west wind does not hurt the fishing in the river.

Hopefully tomorrow or ever later tonight I can post the launch site confirmation.

The event will be a go for Saturday it just might be in the river.

Hope to see you there,

Pete

The cut-off point will either be the peace bridge or the train bridge which is just before it. We will see how the winds are that morning. With the right wind the area in front of Nicholls can get bad too and with the dangerous water there we don't want any accidents. One of those two points will be the cut off point.

After a very tuff day on the water with lots of wind and water the colour of chocolate milk a couple teams were able to put together a full limit..

Here are the top 5;

1st Rob Cambell and Tim Burch 15.93lbs

2nd Andy J and Chris Martin 11.65 Big fish 3.86lbs

3rd Barry Pringle 10.55lbs

4th Mike Hauer and Drew Sokolowski 8.27lbs

5th Rick Kewell 6.21lbs

Thanks to everyone that showed up, with the weather and river conditions I didnt expect such a turnout.

Big congrats to Rob & Tim on the much deserved win and Andy & Chris on big fish.

Sorry to Kevin that had his partner back out on him.

See you all next year!

After a very tuff day on the water with lots of wind and water the colour of chocolate milk a couple teams were able to put together a full limit..

Here are the top 5;

1st Rob Cambell and Tim Burch 15.93lbs

2nd Andy J and Chris Martin 11.65 Big fish 3.86lbs

3rd Barry Pringle 10.55lbs

4th Mike Hauer and Drew Sokolowski 8.27lbs

5th Rick Kewell 6.21lbs

Thanks to everyone that showed up, with the weather and river conditions I didnt expect such a turnout.

Big congrats to Rob & Tim on the much deserved win and Andy & Chris on big fish.

Sorry to Kevin that had his partner back out on him.

See you all next year!

Great to hear everyone was SAFE and had a GOOD TIME and TURNOUT!

Conditions are a Fishermans Friend.

Got too LOVE em ... Got to HATE em.

Either way ... they bring out the BEST in US!

Conditions couldn't get much worse then what it was on Saturday! Not one fish in the boat! I'd like to shake the hand of all the anglers that managed to step up on a day like that. :worthy:

Archived