20 Mile Creek

tokar

so yestarday me and my girlfriend stopped by butterballs in jordan quickly and randomly and saw a ton of salmon, got some cool videos on pictures. Today we went back and hiked it all. We saw a ton of them! it is really neat to see and this was both our first times seeing it. We were wearing rubber boots so we walked through some of the water and found tons of dead ones, some spots looked like the hitler of fish swam through there. There was 1 family fishing at butterballs entrance and they had a salmon out of the water dying on the ground when we were leaving and I told them it was illegal to be fishing the salmon there. they said really? and left, so i did my part :D But i suggest walking down there. its neat to see for those who havnt.

Not a sanc that I know of but FMZ 16 is closed to salmon and trout except a few streams in the exceptions section of the regs. Hike up also all the way to the falls. Be careful not to step on the reds or nests full of eggs and don't harrass them. Cool to watch but let them do their thing :Gonefishing:

20 mile is not listed as a sanctuary. Up til a few years back, the 20 was an open season stream past the end of September as it was a "Put and take fishery". They long stopped stocking the 20, but lo and behold we have a semi- healthy reproducing spawn. Not just of salmon, but of brownsas well. So when the regs were rewritten, the 20 was taken off the exceptions lists.

Sadly, there are far too many out there who cannot be bothered, or are too inbred, to read the regulations.

Archived