Where To Buy Deep Cycles

fishkid

l am in the same situation. Been looking on Kijiji for some. Found refurbished for $50-$60 with a 90 day warranty but they are refurbished. I dont know if anyone has had any experience with them. Found probably the best deal around,

Magnacharge Brand group 27 Deep Cycle (27DC180) for $120.00 each

MCA = 1000

RES CAPACITY = 175

AH = 105

WARRANTY = 36 Month with 18 Month Free Replacement

DIMENSIONS: L = 12 ¾ X W = 6 ¾ X H = 9.0

Magnacharge Battery Corporation

6670 Columbus Road, Unit B

Mississauga, Ontario

L5T 2G1

Office: (905) 565-6616 or Toll Free (888) 271-8888

Really? How are they compared to the Nautilus? Aren't they fairly similar?

I havent used nautilus batteries so I can't give an opinion on that but I have used Interstate, and Mercury batteries and energizers are better. They seem to last about three years with heavy use and only after three years do they seem to lose a little run time.

NINO:

Magnacharge makes some good batteries. They actually make batteries for several other brands as well. I'm looking for a larger battery though. Group 31. I think I'm going to give the Energizers a try and see how they are.

Really? How are they compared to the Nautilus? Aren't they fairly similar?

I always get my deep cycle batteries from walmart. I get the energizer series in size 27. Great battery for a great price, they have no problem running my boat for a full day of tournament fishing.

I 've had nothing but problems with Nautilus. They don't stand up to the pounding and vibrations. The plates loosen and short out against one another creating dead cells. I've been using the Energizers from Wal Mart for a few years now. No problems whatsoever. I paid around $100 for a 27 series. Not sure what they run now.

A buddy gets his from Acme Battery on Parkdale Avenue north in Hamilton. They're rebuilds but and you can save about $20-$25 a battery.

l probably wont get mine until spring. No point in getting batteries when the boat is going to be in storage for the winter. FISHKID - You're right, Megnacharge makes "TROJAN" batteries which are suppose to be top of the line. Energizer batteries should do the trick, make sure you store them properly and charge them once in a while during storage.

Always do! They stay in my tackle room for the winter. (yes I have a tackle room in my house. lol) I'm fishing the niagara this weekend so I need some juice in my trolling motor. I just boat a new boat on thanksgiving and the batteries it came with won't even give me 3 hours of intermittent use on still water <_<

nautilous are junk, Pete had to bail me out on the river once with them and they where only a week old, they can,t take the pounding in a boat, I,m using the interstate boat/rv batterys 27 series, i get about 4 years out of these, my cranking battery went and under Petes advice installed a walmart energizer and have had no problems all season, good batterys!

I reinforce the negative comments on Nautilus batteries.

I'm not familiar with Interstate, but having tried a few brands, Energizer batteries from Walmart have been the best from my years of experience on the water. Energizers are also made to be used as a cranking battery. An annual rotation of your trolling battery with your cranking battery will extend their life.

I noticed the energizers at Walmart have a different name on them and are made in Mexico & they may not be the same quality since Walmart has a habit of replacing their products with cheap inferior Asian made products , & CT is no different , so take that into consideration before purchasing anything from these stores .

Trojan batteries are top of the line and usually not much more $ than a off the shelf battery.

http://www.trojanbattery.com/

You may have to go to a Marina to buy one, and pay more $ but not much more. The Trojan, will still be fully useful 4-5 years from now.

Don't trust C.T. or Wal Mart Batteries, or the warranty. They may still work in 2 years but not for a fraction of the time the new battery works.

The warranty on C.T/ Walmart batteries. You will be told this. "We load tested the battery". "For a battery of it's age" (1 month one, two, three years) old". It is fine." No Warranty for you!!!

Trojan Batteries, even if neglected get a good 4 years.

I noticed the energizers at Walmart have a different name on them and are made in Mexico & they may not be the same quality since Walmart has a habit of replacing their products with cheap inferior Asian made products , & CT is no different , so take that into consideration before purchasing anything from these stores .

You are right Smerch. I posted this elsewhere. But figured I would post it here...

The Cold War is over!!! Guess who won? The Communists....

The Cold War is Over..... The Victor??? Communism.....

Allow me to elaborate. Soviet Russia did not win the Cold War. But their associates China won without even throwing a punch...

China won, by sitting in the shadows and not doing much of anything, other than becoming a part of the global economy.

Most of the world is dependent on Chinese produced goods. Most of the world, due to not looking at labels. Have no idea that goods once produced in their home market. Are now produced in China.

China sets their own rules regarding employment standards, hazardous material use, and quality standards. Companies would like you to think they set the standards. Some companies even think they do. They do not..

The kicker is this.... A large, legit, Non Chinese company. Contracts a company, in China to produce their goods, what happens?

The contracted company in China, is more than happy to take their money for production. And, take the plans for the goods to be produced.

Subsidiary (Chinese) company's then produce knock off/counterfeit versions.

In most cases these counterfeit versions cost a fraction of the cost of the real version. Why? Because, they didn't have to pay for the research and development...

Not only do the Chinese have access to everyone else's R/N'D But, they also can reverse engineer it and make improvements. +2 China why Plus 2? Don't have to invent it, and can reverse engineer it and improve it. Also, why wouldn't they build into the stolen technology the ability to monitor us.

To sum it up, Communism has won the war. Why? We are giving away our secrets, and our money to them. Just to save a few bucks at Wal-Mart, or insert "name here" store.

My Energizers were purchased in the spring of 2006 and have seen 5 years of service. Until I have to replace them and have a different experience, my opinion of them remains positive. Interestingly these Energizer batteries are distributed by Johnson Controls under license and do not have a country of origin on either label.

I agree drsmooth , but too many canadians don't care where a product is made these days . And China will be our big brother & have control over north America some day. It's getting hard to buy anything not made in China or other very low wage countries . Fixing my toilet today , made in Chile with cheap parts that rust and warp in a year ......& my new sink top made in Mexico was warped , had to try 2 others to get a decent one . Our stores are full of this crap ! Nittro , it should be law that everything we buy is marked where it was made ......otherwise , I don't buy it .

I agree Bill, but for now there is a loop hole that products can be identified by the distributor. Most blatant examples are processed groceries, especially private label. Checking out the declarations on many food products you will find they simply declare "packaged for" and hope the consumer will not investigate further.

As long as consumers continue to make price a dominate factor in making a choice, quality product will continue to rise in cost as volumes drop. In many instances we are our own worst enemy. If we did not buy the cheap crap, the retailers would not inventory it. A vicious circle when trying to raise a family, or live healthy in retirement, when your income restricts many of those choices. There is a lot more to the situation and this is but one aspect of our current dilemma.

I take warning in all of your plumbing challenges, and just for a second, I wonder if I could convince the wife to adapt to an old fashion "two holer" that would certainly qualify for a "green" grant and cut our water usage. Like I said, just for a second ..... :lol:

Good luck with your plumbing friend.

Hmmm, interesting stuff. Im using optima blue top batteries and really not happy with them at all. Very expensive and dont give me the performance I need. Im gonna try a energizer from Wallyworld.

Lots of good info here.....Thanx guys.

I am in the market to replace my batts this off season.I have 2 Nautilus batts and only got 2 years outta them. They still work but the cranking batt dose not hold a charge more than a couple days and the deep cycle will not charge past 90%. givinng me about 2 hours of electric motor usage(compared to the 8 hours i got out of it 2 years ago)

Im gonna give the energizer a try this time round.

I have been messing around with batteries for a while now. Just thought I would share a little of what I have learned putting together electric bikes. If you want a powerful and longest lasting battery then always try to go with a lithium battery. Lead acid never hold up over time. They cost a bit more but last much much longer.

Archived