Ontario Kayak Fishing Series

river guide

The Ontario Kayak Fishing Series is in its 6th season and we are always looking to increase the participation. I see a lot more activity on this forum than years prior and thought some of you folks might be interested in these events. It is a great way to gain experience in a casual yet mildly competitive atmosphere, you can learn a lot in a short span and even walk away with some prizes. Included in the entry fee is; camping, event shirt or hat, and one free draw ticket.
The 2014 Series has evolved into 3 two-day events that uphold the fun and relaxing weekend atmosphere that has made this series so popular. This year's line-up all falls within a 250km radius of the Greater Toronto Area, and still presents excellent fishing opportunities to the anglers.

OKFSposterfinal20141-page-001_zps4dc0044

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We always have spare boats on hand for those looking to give it try for the first time. I don't know anyone who has borrowed a yak to fish an event, and not bought their own soon after.

The events are well organized and a pile of fun! Where can you go anywhere for the weekend that includes fishing, camping, an event shirt, draw ticket, nice prizes, learn a lot, and meet a great bunch of people for $90-110?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to have to partake this year. I'm curious if they allow other paddle sports. I'm getting a stand up paddle board soon and I'd love to have that in a tournament.

Archived