Looking For A Fly Rod!

Horrorshowrot

Hey guys I am really wanting to get into fly fishing. But the only problem is the outfits I have been looking at are around 400 dollars does anyone know of a good outfit wich is easy to come buy. Preferably around 200-300dollars tops. I want a rod and reel to be able to fish for everything from bass to lake trout and anything in between. I have been looking at bass pro. But am not sure of the quality of there stuff, as I have never actually shopped there much. I have been looking at this

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Classic-Rod/Classic-Large-Arbor-Reel-Fly-Outfits/product/10211671/50904

But information from someone who knows what they are doing would be greatly appreciated!

ya. no need to start that steep before you even know if you like it. my son and i started with 2/$25 refurbished flyrods years ago when he was 9 and i was...much younger. demo reels =$20 including line. thing lasted forever and i liked it a lot, till a big ole bass got good and mad at it.

of course, i have spent a tad more than that over the ensuing years but that's another story of gluttony and greed which i'd rather not get into cause i have some more shopping to do on ebay...

i spend alot of time chasing fly equipment online. and got my last rod from flyfishing closeouts or something of that nature, since hotmail shut my email off i cant give you the actual site. really good deals

Archived