Signs Of Spring

smerchly

I know we could have a major snow storm well into March , but this year is vey unusual . The signs of spring are upon us ! Robins everywhere , kingfishers , bluebirds , vultures , croaking frogs & water fowl doing the wild thing . The "normal" fish behaviour isn't happening , you have to look into fishing other places to find the "winter fish" . Trying to find the right baits and water depts for fish is a real chore this year . I hope some of you are either getting some good fishing or enjoying the spring like weather .(or both) This hawk was sitting in my apple tree today ....looking for a fat dove for dinner . He/she is a big bird !

013.JPG

lots of robins on the niagara see them all winter they never leave. but its a weird winter I'm worried about the bugs that winter kills off doing damage to plants etc. 2 winters ago I was fishing browns in new york in my t shirt the first week in march 65 degrees out.

A lot of the seasonal birds simply failed to fly south. As for signs of spring, well we have not had a winter yet. I've seen forsythia and pussywillow buds popping in both December and January. Just drove by a pond today with a fresh green algae bloom on the surface.

Archived