Some People See Things Differently

hammercarp

Sounds like a really bad idea to me. Every place else is trying to get rid of the fish and they want to stock them. They even admit they have a reluctance to take a hook and bow hunting and gun hunting is going to be permitted.

Is that article a joke?

What the heck is wrong with these people?

That Shamrock lake is not too far from Lake Huron either, how does the state of Michigan allow this to happen when everyone clearly knows the issues and money being spent to keep these carp out of our waters.

I'm pretty sure its a joke:

Department spokesman Ferd Pectoral

Budd Lake water skiers are going to have to keep a sharp eye peeled for these big babies!

Not only are they not very good sport fish, but they look bad and taste like…..well, like a carp

Asked about 100 pound carp turning tons of Lake Shamrock weeds into excrement, Pectoral pointed out to a laughing audience that “the way the Tobacco River flows that would be Beaverton’s problem, not Clare’s.”

Clare police have expressed an interest in expanding their already successful bakery into a fish market called “Cops & Carp.”

“Even if a deer hunter isn’t successful during firearms deer season, he may still bag a couple of trophy Bigheads to hang on the ‘ol buck pole. Driving back to Livonia with a 100 pound carp tied to your roof may not attract the same number of admiring stares as an 8 point buck, but it sure beats being skunked!”

I'm pretty sure its a joke:

Department spokesman Ferd Pectoral

Budd Lake water skiers are going to have to keep a sharp eye peeled for these big babies!

Not only are they not very good sport fish, but they look bad and taste like…..well, like a carp

Asked about 100 pound carp turning tons of Lake Shamrock weeds into excrement, Pectoral pointed out to a laughing audience that “the way the Tobacco River flows that would be Beaverton’s problem, not Clare’s.”

Clare police have expressed an interest in expanding their already successful bakery into a fish market called “Cops & Carp.”

“Even if a deer hunter isn’t successful during firearms deer season, he may still bag a couple of trophy Bigheads to hang on the ‘ol buck pole. Driving back to Livonia with a 100 pound carp tied to your roof may not attract the same number of admiring stares as an 8 point buck, but it sure beats being skunked!”

I hope so, ever read about the weird stuff that happens in the state of Ohio? ...I wouldn't doubt if some dingers would actually try something as ridiculous as this.

I have decided to send a letter to the ministry regarding this matter. Here is a copy.

To the Honourable Michael Gravelle, Ministry of Natural Resources.

Dear Mike

I am a long time angler and hunter here in Ontario, as well as being a member in good standing in the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. I am also a chairman of the Carp Anglers Group . I have just finished reading an article from the State of Michigan regarding Asian carp. I have attached a link to that article. It was written in a very reputable news paper.

I would like to propose that Ontario do something similar.

Here is my proposal.

Large quantities of live Asian carp can be shipped here from the Mississippi system in the United States. They can be stocked in specific lakes and or ponds here. Only really big fish should be imported.

These chosen bodies of water should be totaly isolated so that no live carp can escape. Or we could put them in Cootes Paradise where through the magic of the RBG only very specific species of fish are allowed in or out of the marsh. We all know they are 100% successful in keeping common carp out of the marsh. But anyways getting back to my proposal. These chosen bodies of water would have to be fenced in and large parking lots built adjacent to the entrance.

What would happen next is based on proven free market principles. We would use these lakes as " free market" fisheries or free fire zones if you will.The eager fishermen would be allowed in through a gated fence. Prior to entry, each person would have to sign a waiver absolving the province and the MNR of any liabilities due to accidents , mishaps or other assorted mayhem that may occur. I am sure we can get a group of lawyers to consult on this and write it up . For a fee of course. They should have one done promptly in, say a few years.

There would be no fees for parking or entrance into the lake/pond.

Basically the fishermen would be allowed to get as many of these magnificent giants as they can . The methods for taking fish would include just about anything. Spearing, speargunning snagging, bowfishing, gaffing, shooting, noodling ( see attached link of YouTube video) , small explosive charges ( under a 1/2 stick of Dynamite) would all be okay. No nets allowed, though I realize this is contrary to the " free market" principles currently in vogue. The net ban would prevent some one from bringing in a net large enough to completely sweep the lake clean in one shot. Not much fun in that.

Boats would be allowed if the fisherman can drag them into the lake by hand as all parking would be outside the fenced in area. They would have to come out at the end of the day as well. These lakes would only be open during daylight hours afterwhich of course the dogs would be set loose inside the fence. There would be no emegency services provided inside the fenced in area. No police, ambulances , fire trucks etc.

The lucky fishermen who managed to subdue one of these leviathans by clubbing. shooting. impaling, beating, concussing one or more, would be allowed to take his prize home to be disposed of as he saw fit.

The cost of running these facilities would , of course be paid for by anglers and hunters through an additional fee on their licenses. The grumblings of a few malcontents over this increase in license fees would soon be silenced when the benifits are pointed out to them.

These lakes would bleed off enormous numbers of red neck idiots, loogans ( not sure if I spelled this right or even what it means ) and " white bucket" brigaders. Since they never buy licences any way there would be no loss of revenue to the province.

This would greatly enhance the quality of the angling experience for the rest of the angling public. The effect would be most notable during the salmon run. The amounts of garbage, fish carcasses, discarded fishing line would all be reduced. The number of tresspassing complaints would go down as well.

I am sure a great ad campaign could be run informing/indoctrinating the public to the benifits of this scheme.

I am willing to act as a paid consultant for this project. My fees would be in line with other consultants hired by the province.

Yours truly

Lorne Morley

So, whatcha think guys. Great idea eh.

I have decided to send a letter to the ministry regarding this matter. Here is a copy.

To the Honourable Michael Gravelle, Ministry of Natural Resources.

Dear Mike

I am a long time angler and hunter here in Ontario, as well as being a member in good standing in the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. I am also a chairman of the Carp Anglers Group . I have just finished reading an article from the State of Michigan regarding Asian carp. I have attached a link to that article. It was written in a very reputable news paper.

I would like to propose that Ontario do something similar.

Here is my proposal.

Large quantities of live Asian carp can be shipped here from the Mississippi system in the United States. They can be stocked in specific lakes and or ponds here. Only really big fish should be imported.

These chosen bodies of water should be totaly isolated so that no live carp can escape. Or we could put them in Cootes Paradise where through the magic of the RBG only very specific species of fish are allowed in or out of the marsh. We all know they are 100% successful in keeping common carp out of the marsh. But anyways getting back to my proposal. These chosen bodies of water would have to be fenced in and large parking lots built adjacent to the entrance.

What would happen next is based on proven free market principles. We would use these lakes as " free market" fisheries or free fire zones if you will.The eager fishermen would be allowed in through a gated fence. Prior to entry, each person would have to sign a waiver absolving the province and the MNR of any liabilities due to accidents , mishaps or other assorted mayhem that may occur. I am sure we can get a group of lawyers to consult on this and write it up . For a fee of course. They should have one done promptly in, say a few years.

There would be no fees for parking or entrance into the lake/pond.

Basically the fishermen would be allowed to get as many of these magnificent giants as they can . The methods for taking fish would include just about anything. Spearing, speargunning snagging, bowfishing, gaffing, shooting, noodling ( see attached link of YouTube video) , small explosive charges ( under a 1/2 stick of Dynamite) would all be okay. No nets allowed, though I realize this is contrary to the " free market" principles currently in vogue. The net ban would prevent some one from bringing in a net large enough to completely sweep the lake clean in one shot. Not much fun in that.

Boats would be allowed if the fisherman can drag them into the lake by hand as all parking would be outside the fenced in area. They would have to come out at the end of the day as well. These lakes would only be open during daylight hours afterwhich of course the dogs would be set loose inside the fence. There would be no emegency services provided inside the fenced in area. No police, ambulances , fire trucks etc.

The lucky fishermen who managed to subdue one of these leviathans by clubbing. shooting. impaling, beating, concussing one or more, would be allowed to take his prize home to be disposed of as he saw fit.

The cost of running these facilities would , of course be paid for by anglers and hunters through an additional fee on their licenses. The grumblings of a few malcontents over this increase in license fees would soon be silenced when the benifits are pointed out to them.

These lakes would bleed off enormous numbers of red neck idiots, loogans ( not sure if I spelled this right or even what it means ) and " white bucket" brigaders. Since they never buy licences any way there would be no loss of revenue to the province.

This would greatly enhance the quality of the angling experience for the rest of the angling public. The effect would be most notable during the salmon run. The amounts of garbage, fish carcasses, discarded fishing line would all be reduced. The number of tresspassing complaints would go down as well.

I am sure a great ad campaign could be run informing/indoctrinating the public to the benifits of this scheme.

I am willing to act as a paid consultant for this project. My fees would be in line with other consultants hired by the province.

Yours truly

Lorne Morley

So, whatcha think guys. Great idea eh.

:lol:

Sounds like a great idea too me, it's just as absurd as that Michigan news article.

Thank you. So you'll sign my upcoming petition then?

LOL, Yup, I would mainly because of this part of you're letter

"These lakes would bleed off enormous numbers of red neck idiots, loogans ( not sure if I spelled this right or even what it means ) and " white bucket" brigaders. Since they never buy licences any way there would be no loss of revenue to the province.

This would greatly enhance the quality of the angling experience for the rest of the angling public. The effect would be most notable during the salmon run. The amounts of garbage, fish carcasses, discarded fishing line would all be reduced. The number of tresspassing complaints would go down as well"

"Loogan"

1.n.or v.- A slang term used to describe an unsophisticated provincial person of backwoodsian origin; usually of lower-class, anglo-saxon descent.

Very good Lorne ! I would be honoured to sign your "thesis" ! I see there are plenty of rednecks in the good old U.S.of A . (did you see the vid.of the guy who shot his daughters laptop to death)? They brought the Asian carp into the U.S. to clean up the ponds in the south & they escaped into the Mississippi R. that's how this whole mess started .

I hope by now everyone has realized that this was a phony newspaper article that I decided to have some fun with. Thanks for taking it the right way. Bill I did see that video. I watched it on Break.com. My opinion which was in the minority was that only a complete jerk would use a gun to discipline a child.

I hope by now everyone has realized that this was a phony newspaper article that I decided to have some fun with. Thanks for taking it the right way. Bill I did see that video. I watched it on Break.com. My opinion which was in the minority was that only a complete jerk would use a gun to discipline a child.

At first I didn't believe it, then I did some reaserch on Shamrock Lake in Clare County and they both existed and then I was wondering can these people really be that dumb why isn't the state stopping this? lol ... I think I read the article three times before I settled with this HAS to be a joke! :lol:

Archived