Striped Bass Stomach Contents

Frank81

I was just surfing the web and came across a website dedicated to Striped Bass and found a thread on the stomach contents of anglers catches. I thought it was interesting and would share with you all.

You do not have to register to view their forum, I have supplied a direct link to the thread topic.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/606897/stomach-contents

Warning: If you do not clean fish yourself because of a weak stomach then do not click the link.

I do the same to kept bass when I fish from a new lake to know what their feeding on that way I can apply the knowledge to my lures/presentation.

I check most fish that I clean . I posted a pic. recently of a pikes stomach that had 5 or 6 smelts inside (from P.Dal) . I have found plastic twisters , sunfish & gobies inside local perch . Fish will hit anything that moves .....like a big ski hitting my front mount prop in Moira Lake a few years ago !

Last weekend when I was cleaning those Splake one of the bigger ones stomach had two minnows in it and one of the minnows was still attached to a hook with fishing line attached.

Looked like someone else caught it but it swallowed the hook too far so they cut the line and released it.

Archived