Wanting To Fly Fish.

Horrorshowrot

Well I have been wanting to start fly fishing ever since I got back into fishing seriously. But I am not willing to blow my entire bank on a rod and reel. I have been looking up. I believe I want a 9foot 6 weight rod. That way I can still fish for some bass up north and possibly fish for some bows and brookies. I saw this on bass pro

TFO Professional II Rod and Hobbs Creek Reel Fly Outfits

I am wondering if anyone has used this and would it be a good rod/reel to start out with I am looking to spend 300 max after taxes. Any help would be appreciated. I do not really want to order one online X.X

Hi Horrorshowrot! Just my two cents, grab a cheap 5/6 weight with matching line (weight forward floating). Get and inexpensive reel to match it. No need to break the bank on any of this equipment, I would pay most attention to some descent line. This set up will get you going for small to medium stream trout and bass. You can practice on this set up and see if you are really going to get into it then you can slowly upgrade your equipment as your skills and desire to flyfish increase. Hope this helps! Rob

Archived