Pirate Ship In Jordan Along The Qew

drsmooth

When it was docked against the wall, I did a little recon mission. The main hall had a huge mirror behind the bar and the woodwork was amazing. On the upper deck were a few mattresses and some empty tin food cans. It was a cool adventure.

The vessel has been removed from the ship registry, and is now classed as a derelict. It sits there because there is not sufficient salvage value to take her to the knackers yard.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have information about who set it ablaze or why? I remember driving home to St.Kitts from McMaster ('06 or '07) and it was actively burning...

Lots of info . on google . I was there before daylight while the fire was raging . They put out the fire but had to return as it re-ignited & was totally destroyed . I have heard the best thing to do with it is sink it in the lake .

Lots of info . on google . I was there before daylight while the fire was raging . They put out the fire but had to return as it re-ignited & was totally destroyed . I have heard the best thing to do with it is sink it in the lake .

A lot of red tape, work and money required before they will consider using her as an artificial reef. Then there would be the cost of refloating her, getting her through the mouth of the marina, and the tow.

Really interesting stories on that thing.......wish I could have had a chance to explore it before she burn't . Its kind of cool seeing it sitting there and leaning. Every time I take someone past it they always ask....whats that pirate ship all about?? Well at least even I have the answers now.....

I am not sure if it is trespassing because I believe nobody owns it. But I have been on it in my youth it is pretty neat!

I am not sure if it is trespassing because I believe nobody owns it. But I have been on it in my youth it is pretty neat!

Iscander the owner of the beacon now owns it I think. The towed it to his marina shortly after it burned down. He was gonna have it removed but decided it looked cool for the guests. It is there to stay. I know this because I used to do work for him from time to time. My boss back when I built homes was his best man and one of his best friends.

I hope it stays . Some say it is an eye sore , some would like to see it refurbished or at least painted , (how about black) ? :) It is still a reminder of the past and a conversation piece as well as a land mark . I'm sure there are thousands of photos still being taken of that old wreck . I would like to get a few shots on a foggy day or a silhouette as the sun sets in the west directly behind it .

Archived