Mercury 40 Hp. Oil Injected ...oil Question

canadianfcat

Is your sled oil TCW3 rated? There is a difference between oils rated for air cooled engines and oil rated for water cooled engines. Only use a oil that is TCW3 rated in your outboard.

Stick with what the manufacturer recommends. Not all oils are equal, some oils are specifically formulated for the temperatures and environments they will be run in. You can run full synthetic, just make sure it has the rating your motor calls for.

My last motor was a 40 Merc . oil injected & I used Merc Quick Silver . I got rid of it as it wouldn't idle without stopping ......took it to 2 mechanics & they couldn't fix it ....got a newer 50 Merc 4 stroke.

I'll run that one past the wife smerchly...LOL

Then I'll pm you her answer as the language won't be fit for the forum.

Ha ha .....tell her how much $$$ you can save on injector oil , gas & no smell from exhaust smoke . The new 2 strokes have come a long way and some anglers still prefer them over the heavier 4 strokes . Remember , candy is cheap ....... :santa:

2 strokes are still fantastic motors....properly tuned 2 strokes. One thing 99% of boat owner neglect to do is de-carbon the motor every 100 hrs. The use of synthetic oils greatly reduces the carbon build up even more, keeping your motor running smooth.

Archived