Anyone Been To Newfoundland?

Frank81

Was thinking about planning a trip, driving to Newfoundland, but as I was looking at website and stuff, I am not really sure where to go. Has anyone been before? if so can you recommend city/town/village and place to stay?

Thanks.

-Frank

The closest I have been was Sidney Mines , N.S. but I ran out of roads ! My old buddy drove to N.F. in his motor-home & met a lot of very nice people on his travels . He said the people there are the most hospitable people he has ever met .He went back this fall to hunt moose & had a great time . He's in Florida now , back in 3 weeks . He could give you some good tips I'm sure .

Thanks guys! any info/recommendations help.

We may just end up flying, Porter airlines have decent prices for round trip from Toronto to St. Johns.

If we ended up driving, I would probably only go as far as Corner Brook.

If you drive, 2 7-10 hour days will be spent on the ferry from Sydney to the Rock and back. Need to book space early. I do know that just abouts every pond and stream has brook trout. Small Mepps and Panther Martins will do fine.

If you drive, 2 7-10 hour days will be spent on the ferry from Sydney to the Rock and back. Need to book space early. I do know that just abouts every pond and stream has brook trout. Small Mepps and Panther Martins will do fine.

Thank you sir!

I went on the website for the ferry and that is an additional $244.60 to get on the rock and another $244.60 to get off. Definitely need to budget for that portion if we drive, guess even if we fly we would need a car rental so either way it's going to cost..lol

Archived