Beware Of Ticks

boogaloo

I had my Golden Retriever out for a walk off of Beechwood Rd. near Thorold Stone and we were only 5 minutes away from the truck when I noticed a Tick on her. By the time we got home I had taken about a dozen off of my clothes and closer to two dozen off of Miss Ellie. Glad she has already been treated with "Advantage".

I think this going to be a bad year for Fleas and Ticks as there was not enough cold weather this past winter to kill them off. Pet owners should keep an eye out for these critters and if your children play where grasses and weeds are high they should be checked for signs of Ticks and Fleas.

Lyme disease is prevalent in this area and often times goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. If a suspected bite mark gets a reddish ring around it, you should seek medical attention.

Stay safe all and have a great time in this marvelous weather................................Daniel (Boog)

My next door neighbour took their Husky for a short walk near the hydro towers in west St.Kitts & she removed 3 ticks from the dog . This crazy warm weather has them on the loose ! My pussy willow tree is already shedding the fluffy things and the bees & butterflies were all over those things. .....but some cooler temps are on the way . I wonder if deet works to keep those ticks of people ......

BTW ....this thread is very fishing related !! That is why I asked if there is something anglers can do to prevent the ticks from biting our butts . People who take their dogs anywhere where there are fields and brush etc. , must be extra vigilant this year and check Fido out carefully after each outing . They give me the "Willies" :th_fudd: * **

There's nothing more unnerving than that unmistakable feel of a tick crawling on your bare skin. We were fishing around Thorold last weekend and thoroldfisher was the first to experience that creepy sensation this year..

98a7a346.jpg

Remember to do those tick checks guys and gals, they're out already!

One product that definitely works is permethrin. It is a synthetic of a natural insecticide in flowers. You spray it on your clothes. I have a spray from the States that has it. Unfortunately you can't purchase it in Canada as Health Canada has not approved it. They want an exhorbitant amount of money to approve it and the Canadian demand doesn't justify it.

I should add that US retailers are not allowed to mail into Canada either. A friend brought a can back for me not knowing it was not allowed. It definitely works as I used it last year turkey hunting.

dr feelgood what would that spray be called & how did you make out with this years shed hunt?There was at least 1 buck around my place that did not shed as of about 3 weeks ago.Not sure if the weather is messing them up or?

They tick me off ....ugly blood sucking things ! <_< I bought some AgroMist from a NFN er last year . It's a natural product for people & pets which contains citronella ,lemongrass, cotton seed & Neem extracts . It has a strong citronella odour . I will give it a test when I fish the 12 Mile this year .Doc .....100% deet is very strong stuff , I would be careful & try it on clothing , not my face .

Archived