Screw The Gas Companys(Please Read)

ROB MCINTOSH

Hey Guy's & Gal's

I know you have all heard me rant about getting screwed at the pumps and have read my idea about fixing it. Here is a sugestion being sent out Canada wide and it will work if everyone just gets pissed off enough to follow thru with this Idea. Please read it all.Thanks Rob

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st, 2012

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ...

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.28 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), Petro-can/ Sunoco, Esso If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from them UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.99 RANGE AND KEEPTHEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

REMEMBER - STARTING MAY 1st NO GAS FROM ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO!

why wait till then, get into the habit by starting now)

I have been buying gas from Gales , but I'm not sure where their gas comes from . We need to know who supplies these no name gas stations . I was buying premium gas from Sunoco but PetroCan bought them out . I never did redeem my $20 in points from Sunoco because I would never give PetroCan my business.......

Like Bill said, we first need to find out who supplies some of the smaller stations to effectively implement this boycott. I buy my gas from CT (my mom gets a discount for being an employee). If I find out Petro or Esso supplies them, I'll have a hard time convincing my parents to give up that discount, even if it is for the chance of ultimately paying a lower price at the pump. I guess the next logical step is to figure out who the third and fourth biggest gas suppliers are. Lovin' the idea though....stick it to the man!!

I BEG OF ALL OF YOU ... DONT BUY GALES, YES ITS CHEAPER BUT THATS ONLY CAUSE THE ETHANOL LEVEL IS CLOSE TO 15% AND NOT TO MENTION THE WATER AND VARSOL CONTENT TO IT!

We need to look at our government, there's a reason were paying for it ....conservitives do not support industry and refuse to build oil refineries in canada! We pay what the Americans charge us!

Here's a Star article from 2007 that touches on the three major Canadian suppliers (Imperial/Esso, Sunoco/Petr, and Shell). Turns out Imperial does supply CT.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/183769--gas-shortage-hits-imperial-oil

There is a limited number of refineries that supply fuel to everyone. It doesn't matter if you don't buy your gas from Esso. You are likely still buying imperial gas.

There are 3 companies that refine oil nationally. They be Imperial(esso), Shell, PetroCanada. All the fuel you buy from smaller companies comes from them, unless it is trucked from the U.S.. Amazing that the small company sells the gas cheaper than the producers.

By boycotting the big three it is not about buying someone else's gas. There isn't anyone else. You are refusing to pay the outrageous markup that the big 3 charge for the privilege of using their pumps. I buy from Pioneer or Gales, Ultramar etc.. because they are always 2-3 cents cheaper than the big boys.

As for the ethanol.... All regular gas can have an ethanol count of up to 15%, and it does vary.

I rather like the family run Esso station where I get all of my gas and propane. They are one of the last full serve stations around and they don't charge extra for it. I'm not going to punish them in an attempt to hurt big oil.

Chech out Micheal Ruppert and his research on 'Peak Oil'. There is only one way the price of fuel is heading and it isn't down...not for any significant length of time anyway!

I had to gas up the van today , she was sucking fumes . I went to my nearest station at Gales knowing if I filled up it would take close to 120 liters .....X $1.33 /liter = close to $150.00 , so I put in $40 bucks , just in case the price comes down to a reasonable 99.9 cents :rolleyes: That gave me about 1/4 of a tank full which will last me a week or so . I checked out the premium gas pump & there's a big red sticker that reads " NO ethanol " (for those interested). I don't expect the price to go down as they have been "conditioning" us to expect $1.50 this summer .......Buy some shares in Vaseline guys ...... :huh:

I have spoke with mechanics who bought gales gas and ran tests on it....

but from personal experiance, I used to buy gales all the time for my car in highschool and never had a problem...

in october I was on my way to port d at 2 am and my truck was on fumes, I put 20$ in the tank and after that it sat for 3 days.

When I got home and went to head to work the next morning I couldnt get it to start, always stalling and really rough idol, for the next 3 weeks it was constantly misfiring and didnt have the power to get over 80 km/hr...

long story short 3 tanks of high octane fuel and conditioner and a fuel filter and she`s back to normal

I`m not sure why I had problems with my truck and not my car... maybe because the old V8 wasnt designed to have any ethanol in the fuel but I was told by my mechanic and friends in the industry to avoid at all costs !

It seems that some of you get this topic but then some just don't. You seem to forget that each one of these companies also have stores that sell everything, so it's just not about not buying their gas but not buying anything. They make more $$$ selling product in their store than they do gas.So when they haven't even sold a pack of gum don't you think they will contact their boss and say MY STORE IS UP FOR SALE.So take it for that and if we all follow this and stick with it we then get back to us controlling the price of fuel or they loose the amount of stores that make them $$$$$$$$. So forget the negativity and trying shoot this idea down. JUST JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON unless the price is fair to you then keep giving them your hard earned cash. Rob.

They got us by the short hair and their corporate lawyers and accountants know how to get around every move we make . The government doesn't care at all since the higher gas goes up the more tax they collect . When consumer prices go up because transportation costs go up , they collect more taxes again . Most of my neighbours go to the US for gas now & they save a bundle as they drive tanks like mine & bring back another 25 liters in a gas can .

Archived