Cancer Anyone ?

smerchly

Or would you prefer a heart attack , or a stroke ? We talk about eating contaminated fish we catch or store bought fish etc . But I believe our regular super market food is the biggest cause for concern .....not just fast foods , but the food in our fridge & cupboards . The government(s) want to cut back on food inspectors ,among many other things & now the Feds have announced they want to speed up updates to new food additives etc etc. I have seen changes over the years e.g....my coffee creamer used to go sour in about a week ......no longer ,as they have put in an additive like arsenic to keep it "fresh" longer .....same with bread , never turns green ! Did you know arsenic is added to fruit juice and bottled water at a rate 10X more than tap water ? We need to know more about GM foods & big food corporations like Monsanto are reaping huge profits selling this food . We need the labels on food to be complete and proved safe . This article from Google News states that the food in Asia & Europe is safer than our food . We are trying to beat cancer , a multi- billion dollar industry with $$$ donations & events . The way I see it , we need to look at the causes & fix that first ! People in the know like Bigugli who has plenty of experience in agriculture can tell you how our food and water is contaminated right at the farms and processing plants . This is only a 3 min. read & the immediate comments tell me people are very concerned . Captain Highliner Fish anyone ?

http://www.canada.com/health/Feds+speed+food+regulatory+process/6523865/story.html

Good read if you are interested in this watch food inc. The things we do to our food is absolutely disgusting! I remember my grandma having all kinds of livestock from chickens,cows,and pigs. The chickens we eat today are almost 4 times larger then back then they are kept in pitch black coops thousands of them. And the bone structure of these chickens can not keep up with the weight so there bones break! I encourage you to watch food inc. It's a great documentary!

When was about 25 yrs. old , a friend & I went "picking chickens" to make some money while we were on strike . There were about 5000 chickens on one floor of the barn & we had to grab 3 in one hand and 4 in the other hand , then take them to the open door & stuff them into a crate . The used a red light inside which the chickens couldn't see to make catching easier . We were paid $7.50 per 1000 & some of them were stone cold DEAD which we tossed into a corner . I think the methods used today are much better to round them up to make handling by humans a thing of the past .I still have nightmares remembering those squawking fighting chickens ! .Chicken production is a huge business now ,so they pump the hormones to them and get them out to McChalets & Kayeffsee as fast as possible .

There is so much volume that there is no way the current number of inspectors can do an adequate job of inspecting domestic food sources. They don't even try to inspect imported foodstuffs. Every year a farm faces a 5% chance of getting hit for an inspection by OMAF. All that they test for are known pathogens and the use of illegal chemicals. The same crap that is in the foods we freely import from the 3rd world.

DDT is regularly in use in South America. It is absorbed in tissue, parially breaks down into a residual called DDE, which is still harmfull, but never dissipates.

Trace amounts of Temik have been found in watermelon from Mexico

Imported fresh fruit often receives a dusting of Diazinon before shipment.

Do you really think that 3rd World and Chinese industry cares about Canadian health standards?

The only time they test imported goods is when there has been a history of problems or if there is a reported health incident. There isn't the manpower.

Good read if you are interested in this watch food inc. The things we do to our food is absolutely disgusting! I remember my grandma having all kinds of livestock from chickens,cows,and pigs. The chickens we eat today are almost 4 times larger then back then they are kept in pitch black coops thousands of them. And the bone structure of these chickens can not keep up with the weight so there bones break! I encourage you to watch food inc. It's a great documentary!

thats a very good, yet very eye opening documentary. so many things learnt on there..

this depresses me.. Why can't society take care of each other? All anyone cares about is making more money at any cost....

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily, we've got about 10 acres, and have (finally) got some ducks, chickens, rabbits, and we even picked up a turkey (We've also got eggs for turkeys, geese, and ducks which will hatch in about 3 weeks). A rabbit or a turkey in a store is pumped full of chems and usually costs around $30 (Which is INSANE for a rabbit), but we can feed them off a little corn and the bugs in the fields for a fraction! If things go well, we're thinking of selling some animals live off the farm to others who want to get away from all the hormone-filled meats.

Archived