Kids Fishng Day - Saturday May 5, Port Dalhousie

The_Fish_Dawg

We are planing on going,

Should I just head towards the big parking lot ?

Not sure what side of the water to be on

Thanks ,

Cam

my 5yr old had a blast catching gobies all morning. His perch landed him 5th place, now hes wondering when we are going out again to use his new rod.

thanks to everyone that helped out today

My nieces and nephew had a blast catching uber gubers all day, was a bit chilly but we managed to survive that.

P5050654.jpg

P5050653.jpg

This is my nephew's first ever fish, he is two and wouldn't stop saying he was down by the river :lol:

P5050652.jpg

Thats cool Joey.....nothing like teaching kids to fish. I take my grand daughter to the trout farm near me with her Homer simpson rod and the drag set loose, the look on thier face is priceless when they have a fish on. Cost me a fortune when you pay per inch....but worth every penny. We do everything from cleaning the fish, to prepping it to eat and barbecue. I dont even like fish....but she asks me all the time...hey papa when are we going fishing. They dont forget those times......great to see young kids fishing !!!!!

It would have been nice if the goose crap was power washed from the cement at least . I cleaned that side last year with a hard bristled driveway broom & a 5 gal. pail for rinsing with water & picked up many balls of fishing line from there a few days before the derby . Congrats to the winners , I heard a big carp was caught........

It would have been nice if the goose crap was power washed from the cement at least .

I agree; it should have been clean for the kids...they don't deserve the crap that we have to put up with...

It would have been nice if the goose crap was power washed from the cement at least . I cleaned that side last year with a hard bristled driveway broom & a 5 gal. pail for rinsing with water & picked up many balls of fishing line from there a few days before the derby . Congrats to the winners , I heard a big carp was caught........

We missed your volunteering to help this year Smerch.

Too many people still feeding the geese, and it looks like the mild weather will encorage multiple batches of off spring this year.

With the number of people using the "city walkway" you would think the city would have it cleaned daily. A nice little seasonal job for a student.

Archived