New Legislation Aimed At Great Lakes

rickyy33

There has been a "natural" improvement in water quality since so many manufacturing plants have closed . More will close when stricter rules come in but we also need to address agriculture and the use of pesticides etc.as it is a huge industry here in Niagara . I am basically opposed to windmills & solar power now since the costs will be so high for us for electricity , but on the other hand , if we can clean up the lakes like Bradley thinks we can do , it's a good thing , & industry should clean up their act ......or go to China & join the rest of them.

I agree with smerch. If big corporations can not clean up after themselves they need to get the heck out off here. In all honesty it makes our home look like garbage when the big CEOS live god knows where by a nice sandy white beach. I would love to see the great lakes cleaned up and I do agree it is slowly getting cleaned up as these major corporations are being shut down.

So where is everyone going to work? Timmies? call center? You can't produce anything without waste or by-products... realistically with the absence of big business goes the absence of big bucks.... better start learning how to count Yen ...because everyone making millions destroying the environment over there wants to make enough to move here.... where it's clean, and it's started already.

" Just sayin' " .... to borrow a phrase

It's not that I have problems with big corporations they cut costs in the emotions and all that a few years ago a plant got in a lot of crap because something to help clean the emotions was broken for well over a decade. The company just figured they wouldn't get the hammer and when they got ratted out they got the hammer thrown at them.

Archived