Yaking Martindale

stkittsjigger

Went out earlier this week for a cruise on Martindale Pond. Couldn't get to where i wanted to go cuz the wind was blowing fierce. Finally got to see what's up behind the green ribon trail. Very shallow in there. Caught one bass on a jitter bug. I saw lots of carp in the weeds sunning themselves.

fish.jpg

fish2.jpg

I launched from Henley island. Just after u cross the bridge there is a nice slope on the right to put in. I wanted to paddle up to the qew but the wind was turning my rudderless short yak too much. I have a piranha max 160 to install still, will be interesting to see the different depths of Martindale.

Nice Bass there, I have been kayaking there with my friend In lately and not have had a lot luck back there, seen some nice bass and carp but no takers, we where tossing senkos. tubes and top waters but only a few attacks lol but no hook ups.

• 2 years later...

Ill be there tomorrow morning and throughout much of the day. Just letting people know. This will probably be the last paddle for me this year. Last of the warm weather it seems. Ive got worms and lures. Bringing all my gear, don't know what to expect so I am being over prepared haha

I went for anything that would bite a worm on a dropshot. I through a few lures out there too for anything. Learned a good lesson, don't cast your bait rigs into deep current near the highway there, youll lose your rig and your mind. I fished the whole time I was there in terms of how hard I fished. noshine is very right, amazing launch site and dock. You can drag a kayak right between the big boulders that stop people from backing boats in. Its nice.

Archived