Haliburton Report

Phranchise

Fished quite a bit this weeked in the Yak. 3 Different lakes over 3 days. Action was pretty decent. Here are the pics. The big largie is a PB and came in at 4 lb 13 oz and 20". Caught on a bronzeye in the pads in the evening. The smallmouth were all caught on buzzbaits and drop shots. It was a great weekend. Sorry for weird angles of the pics.

DSCF1123.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

Awesome setup on the yak for sure. Thanks for sharing...great pictures.

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120. 12 feet long and I think it weighs close to 65 pounds. So its pretty heavy actually. Its less tippier than a sit in kayak because the hull is a little wider. Lots of ways to sit...you can straddle it, turn 90 degrees and sit with your feet in the water, etc. The wilderness systems family of yaks has a few sit on tops also that you can stand and fish in and are surprisingly stable, like the commander and the ride. I don't use anchors so I am not worried about tipping and losing my gear. If I was anchoring, I would attach lanyards to all my rods and keep my tackle in an enclosed bag in the stern under a bungee. Fish Finder is mounted using a product called the Sideboard and TDA by a company called Mad Frog Gear . They make products specifically for the Slide Trax system that are standard on all Wilderness Kayaks. Goes on and off easily for transport too.

[media=]

[/media]

Archived