Buy Chinese?

hammercarp

lol....

Course the FREEDOM of ECONOMIC choices ... is truly a fact of LOOKING in the MIRROR (All consumers and business)

As an example:

Every time I'm in Canadian Tire (Love em) I CRINGE when I see a "Newbie" looking at those CHEAP $9.99 fishing combo's on sale.

- made in CHINA of course

They are marketing them to entry level (Which I support) but their so BAD!

- Dont forget the well know saying "You get what you pay for"

I will ALWAYS take the time to run over and say "HI" (not getting in anyones business or face) and try to help out.

Those dam pieces of Crap, may save a couple of hard earned dollars and seem appealing....

But when they BREAK on the FIRST cast (or even putting in the car to drive home) it can RUIN the Fishing day, before it even starts.

Oh well, lessons learned in life.

I personally think the manufactures and the business's who sell them, DEVALUE their whole BRAND by even offering these terrible pieces of JUNK!

Just my opinion & thoughts.

Blair

i learned that the hard way. i bought a berkly pole for 30, broke 3rd time out. took it back to walmart and got it replaced, 2nd time out that one broke too in the same spot on a 1 pound smallie -.-

least they give you your money back at walmart! :P

What "disturbs" me , putting it politely , is the stuff they sell in the big box stores , made in China still carry the American (or Japanese) ect. brand names ...e.g. RCA , Proctor Silex , Coleman , Mustad , Berkley , Columbia , Black & Decker , New Balance ,Shimano & oh yes, MERCURY outboards ......you name it ! These companies gained their reputations on making good products here in N.America , or Japan , then turned their backs on us to make there stuff using slave labour . I do not do brand names now......if it is a Chinese company and I can't pronounce the name , I will buy it, if it looks well made . I am now a big fan of Dollarama and buy a lot of stuff there .....got a paint tray there, & low & behold ......it was made in the USA !!! :santa: And Lorne .....my mountain bike I use for fishing the 12 was made in CANADA ! :clapping:

What "disturbs" me , putting it politely , is the stuff they sell in the big box stores , made in China still carry the American (or Japanese) ect. brand names ...e.g. RCA , Proctor Silex , Coleman , Mustad , Berkley , Columbia , Black & Decker , New Balance ,Shimano & oh yes, MERCURY outboards ......you name it ! These companies gained their reputations on making good products here in N.America , or Japan , then turned their backs on us to make there stuff using slave labour . I do not do brand names now......if it is a Chinese company and I can't pronounce the name , I will buy it, if it looks well made . I am now a big fan of Dollarama and buy a lot of stuff there .....got a paint tray there, & low & behold ......it was made in the USA !!! :santa: And Lorne .....my mountain bike I use for fishing the 12 was made in CANADA ! :clapping:

With parts made in Mexico or china !! I went to CANADIAN Tire recently and bought a THERMOS brand set consisting of a large flask, a widemouth flask and a travel mug. So I felt pretty good with myself, paid a few dollars more for something I thought was a canadian made product, by a canadian company. The box even had the company name address, and 800 number on the box. I opened it up when I got home, and EVERY piece had a "made in China" sticker on it. Now tell me how it is cheaper to ship the materials to China and manufacture a product, then ship it all the way back here for less than it would cost to make it here. Even canned fruit and vegetables are starting to sport the "Product of China" signage when canneries are closing down everywhere around here because they're going broke.

Whatdaheck is going on in this world ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You could read my post below, or it may be easier to read the (link below) to a thread I started on the Snow Journal message board.

http://www.snowjourn...ic18172&start=1

Snow Journal post1

The Cold War is Over..... The Victor??? Communism.....

Allow me to elaborate. Soviet Russia did not win the Cold War. But their associates China won without even throwing a punch...

China won, by sitting in the shadows and not doing much of anything, other than becoming a part of the global economy.

Most of the world is dependent on Chinese produced goods. Most of the world, due to not looking at labels. Have no idea that goods once produced in their home market. Are now produced in China.

China sets their own rules regarding employment standards, hazardous material use, and quality standards. Companies would like you to think they set the standards. Some companies even think they do. They do not..

The kicker is this.... A large, legit, Non Chinese company. Contracts a company, in China to produce their goods, what happens?

The contracted company in China, is more than happy to take their money for production. And, take the plans for the goods to be produced.

Subsidiary (Chinese) company's then produce knock off/counterfeit versions.

In most cases these counterfeit versions cost a fraction of the cost of the real version. Why? Because, they didn't have to pay for the research and development...

Not only do the Chinese have access to everyone else's R/N'D But, they also can reverse engineer it and make improvements. +2 China why Plus 2? Don't have to invent it, and can reverse engineer it and improve it. Also, why wouldn't they build into the stolen technology the ability to monitor us.

To sum it up, Communism has won the war. Why? We are giving away our secrets, and our money to them. Just to save a few bucks at Wal-Mart, or insert "name here" store..............

End of snow journal post 1........After a number of negative replies, from mostly Americans on the snow journal messageboard implying the Chinese are our friends.. (I was shocked about the replies). I posted what is below

Snow Journal post 2.

In the early 19th century, Francis Lowell went to England and essentially pirated the mill designs and technology that later resulted in New England's textile industry. As a developing country, the USA seems to have done then what China is doing today.

It turned out pretty well for the USA and Europe seems to have survived.

I couldn't have stated the problem better myself.

The situation in the 19th century compared to today is similar. However the world, now operates under a much different set of rules.

Like it or not, China is the enemy. No different than the USA being the enemy of the U.K. in the 19th century. Main difference is this...

We are handing China technology. China isn't coming over here and stealing it. We are handing it to them to produce, and likely pirate.

Technology, we would never let the Soviets get their hands on.

Because of a highly educated middle class in China. They are easily able to reverse engineer products. Not just reverse engineer, but improve the final product.

Most in the Chinese middle class can speak several languages, and are extremely computer literate.

By comparison in the 19th century the literacy rate was low. Few could even read or write in their own language. Never mind speak another language.

An article in "Popular Science Magazine Sept 2007" outlined how, not only were the Chinese "Borrowing" technology, reverse engineering it then improving it.

In the article they mentioned that defective, knock off, I Pods. Were actually returned for warranty service to Apple, repaired. Then returned to the consumer (who probably had no idea they purchased a knock off). Apparently neither did Apple.

Quote:

"A spokesman for the Chinese firm said he had been surprised by the way his car resembled the original, explaining that the company had simply copied a toy car."

Above statement, quoted from the article below...

http://www.economist.com/node/8961838

We are funding the Chinese Government's war machine. The money they aren't paying their citizens, and made by producing knock off goods, is going into the coffers of the Chinese government.

The knowledge they get by reverse engineering legit technology (that we are giving to China) is going to their engineers, government, or "Private Sector". (I put private sector in quotes because, there is no real private sector in China).

China is a propaganda machine. The Chinese government can convince (a huge majority) of their captive audience whatever they want.

The fact that China is polluting their own environment, and has a lower class of living, works to the Chinese government's advantage.

Hypothetical statement from the Chinese Government...........

"Our environment is polluted, most of you are poor and have nothing to eat, and no assets." "Why? because Europe and North America." "They wouldn't pay you the worker a good wage to produce products for them."

"it's their fault you are in the position you are in".

China, has almost 1.5billion people. That is with their 1 child per couple policy.

If they convince 10% of 1.5billion to rise up against the rest of the world.....

The whole world should be worried..

For the record 10% of 1.5 billion is this

10% of 1.5 billion = 150 000 000

One Hundred Fifty Million potential military personnel...........

Wrap your head around that...

After all that I said there is still a small matter of the foreign aid still being paid to China.............

http://www.cbsnews.c...n-aid-to-china/

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, the car is a Chevy.

General Motors builds cars in Germany too

The car is a "Cherry" Chinese made and a knock off of Chevys.

General Motors may produce cars in Germany. Ford does too.

There is still no reason for the rest of the world to hand China trade secrets

With the globalized economy, you can never be totally sure of where a product comes from. Buy a Honda built in Canada and take it apart. You will find parts from Japan, Mexico, Germany, England, Italy and yes, even China. Mercedes builds cars in Kentucky with steel from Hamilton! Even signature marques like Rolls, Bently and Aston Martin from England will have German (Bosch), Italian (Brembo) and American (Gates, Goodyear, Intel) parts.

I own a spey combo consisting of a Pfleuger Trion reel (German brand but made in China), a St Croix 14010 rod (made in the US from materials sourced from who-knows-where) and a Rio line with a set of shooting heads also from the US but once again, no idea of where the materials originated.

I would have never thought it's an Atlantic Coachman.....looks like a brown with the yellow/gold colours and the kipe reminded me of the nice brown I hooked at Port Dalhousie . Great looking fish !

Archived