Mnr Cuts

larry b

Just read in latest Ontario outdoor mag that the mnr is getting 50 000 000 cut from budget over next three years. Obviously there will be job losses,but thats on top of 550 soon to retire.Their reasoning is to balance the books by 2018.Remember this in future election if you still vote

I just read that article. I was amazed at how the Libs explained this was to give us better service. Sure! How about you give me all your money and that way you'll be richer :crazy: . My god just close them and get it over with. They are going to be a token agency before long

Cuts are happening all across federal/provincial agencies. It is crazy and its going to get worse. During our collective bargaining we were told that there is NO money for the next 3 years! So I asked if they can explain the $18 000 bill for a golf weekend for managers... :ph34r: .... This is the responce I got... "well in good faith we are willing to offer Yr 1 1.75%, yr 2 2.25%, yr 3 1.5%... no money eh !!!!

MNR is a mere shadow it its former self and its getting worse. Its turning into a small paper-pushing agency devoted to administration and policy. Real field work and wildlife management are all but gone. The small CFWIP grants which helped local conservation projects are also gone. I've never seen it so bad. Expect all or part of MNR to be merged with MOE.

Essentially, the Province has maxed out the Visa card and is scrambling to cut expenses in order to keep up with the minimum payments (while still spending like drunken sailors on other items). MNR is considered non-essential.

Between McGuinty, his special interest supporters, and public sector unions, Ontario is beyond broke.

Ever since they broke up the old Lands & Forests ministry and split off resource extraction from resource management the MNR has been a have-not stepchild agency and a token patronage cabinet post.

Just look at who the last half dozen ministers have been, you don't exactly have to read tea leaves to know it is always going to get the short end of the stick. Hell administration for fishing licenses is now handled in Tennessee for crying out loud!

Archived